Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

KippaxCitizen said:
Covered the most ground of any player on either side last night.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734134/Manchester-City-3-1-Liverpool-Stevan-Jovetic-double-Reds-new-signing-Mario-Balotelli-looks-stands.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tands.html</a>

I think most fans appreciate all the work he puts in, i.e. his big round of applause when he went to take a corner in about the 80th minute. But then you get a comment here or there saying he is 'lazy at times', and that just does my head in! He works SO hard, and he gets back on defense quicker and more consistently than most, as evidenced by the fact that he regularly covers more ground than any other player.

And please STOP about this slowing the play down bollocks. Wake up! It's how we play! We are not a counter-attacking speed team. We have it in our arsenal, yes. But we dominate games by holding on to the ball, and WORKING our openings. The opposing team can't score if they don't have the ball, and we patiently wait to find the right moment and strike with our supremely talented players.

Samir had 3 key passes last night, which is also more than anyone on the field! He led the entire premier league in key passes last season! You can not justify a comment that his passes do nothing. Every pass he makes is thought out and has a purpose and our game benefits HUGELY from that intelligent play.

fatbloke said:
I love some of the comments on here and to be fair the odd few in the East Stand last night screaming at Nasri to "get the fucking thing forward", anyone would think we were back in the 80/90's.

We play possession football. It's not aimless possession, it's possession to bring players into areas where we can be dangerous. Last night being the perfect example with both of Jovetic's goals - Nasri, Silva and Jovetic all got themselves into positions close together to outnumber Liverpool down the right hand side of the pitch and it worked. By playing with speed you lose the accuracy of passing and control. Those three aren't the fastest or strongest in attacking areas but they are the most intelligent and that's how we win games.
Totally agree ,fatty

Train said:
Chippy_boy said:
Most frustrating of players for me, and personally I don't think he had a great game. One of his strongest qualities normally is his ability to retain possession and in the first half he gave it away repeatedly.

In the first half, Nasri's passing accuracy was 89%, Jovetic's was 92%, and Silva's was 75%.

Never good to let facts get in the way of an asinine moan. Especially on Bluemoon.

Sami is So important to us we won't know it until he's gone. Love him as much as Kun and Silva.

pweyhe said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Covered the most ground of any player on either side last night.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734134/Manchester-City-3-1-Liverpool-Stevan-Jovetic-double-Reds-new-signing-Mario-Balotelli-looks-stands.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tands.html</a>

I think most fans appreciate all the work he puts in, i.e. his big round of applause when he went to take a corner in about the 80th minute. But then you get a comment here or there saying he is 'lazy at times', and that just does my head in! He works SO hard, and he gets back on defense quicker and more consistently than most, as evidenced by the fact that he regularly covers more ground than any other player.

And please STOP about this slowing the play down bollocks. Wake up! It's how we play! We are not a counter-attacking speed team. We have it in our arsenal, yes. But we dominate games by holding on to the ball, and WORKING our openings. The opposing team can't score if they don't have the ball, and we patiently wait to find the right moment and strike with our supremely talented players.

Samir had 3 key passes last night, which is also more than anyone on the field! He led the entire premier league in key passes last season! You can not justify a comment that his passes do nothing. Every pass he makes is thought out and has a purpose and our game benefits HUGELY from that intelligent play.

Actually, Merlin led the league in key passes last season and Nasri was fourth.

Nasri works well because our game is built on persistent possession and probing, every pass has the intention of trying to pull someone out of position and then kill the opposition, Neville and Carragher were banging on about the gaps between Liverpool's defenders and how it's poor defending, but in reality defenders are human and no matter who you are, the way we keep the ball we will eventually cause a lapse, or an impulsive reaction from a defender and drag them out, it might take 2 separate attacking phases within a few minutes, but we will pass the ball round and round between ourselves till someone on the opposite team cracks, and then we will pounce, we did it last night and we'll do it for most of the season. Nasri is key to this because he keeps possession superbly and is excellent at the little lay-offs, short passes and working the ball around, it doesn't have to be killer passes, just persistent possession.

Needs to do so much more on the pitch. At times you feel like he doesn't have the heart for it and passes the responsibility to somebody else

wolfie1988 said:
Needs to do so much more on the pitch. At times you feel like he doesn't have the heart for it and passes the responsibility to somebody else

Wasn't interested in the physical battle against stoke yesterday grow some samir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.