Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

grim up north said:
Just a thought with our game based on possession do you not think he might be under instruction to slow the game down, as do Silva Navas Toure et al

Well if there are any such instructions (which I doubt), he clearly isn't understanding them properly because you wouldn't instruct someone to slow the game down when there's a really good goalscoring opportunity opening up, would you.

Chippy_boy said:
grim up north said:
Just a thought with our game based on possession do you not think he might be under instruction to slow the game down, as do Silva Navas Toure et al

Well if there are any such instructions (which I doubt), he clearly isn't understanding them properly because you wouldn't instruct someone to slow the game down when there's a really good goalscoring opportunity opening up, would you.

If you say so but no more guilty than others

For gods sake let us not start slagging Nasri off - 2nd game of the season - he does a great job for the team - mostly. If he was shit then Pellers wouldn't pick him.

Bluep*ss said:
For gods sake let us not start slagging Nasri off - 2nd game of the season - he does a great job for the team - mostly. If he was shit then Pellers wouldn't pick him.

Who said he was shit? And no-one is slagging him off.

Fantastic skill and excellent vision .I think sometimes rest of his team mates (besides Silva and Yaya) are not in his wave length .Yesterday, 3 or 4 times he was available and screaming for ball inside the box.If he had received the ball he would've atleast scored a goal.
His pass to Silva which led to 1st goal shows his quality.The placement ,accuracy ,and the vision was exceptional.
Top top class .

chicagoblues said:
Fantastic skill and excellent vision .I think sometimes rest of his team mates (besides Silva and Yaya) are not in his wave length .Yesterday, 3 or 4 times he was available and screaming for ball inside the box.If he had received the ball he would've atleast scored a goal.
His pass to Silva which led to 1st goal shows his quality.The placement ,accuracy ,and the vision was exceptional.
Top top class .
He and Jovetic seem to have a good understanding too as does Kolarov. I think it he continues to play on the right side, he and Zabaleta will easily come to a good partnership.

taconinja said:
chicagoblues said:
Top top class .
He and Jovetic seem to have a good understanding too as does Kolarov. I think it he continues to play on the right side, he and Zabaleta will easily come to a good partnership.

Thought he had his usual ups and downs during the first half, but when he turned it on for that 5 minute period at the end of the first half he was scintillating. The second half was much better from the team as a whole except when they fell asleep and almost let the Dippers in a second time.

I love some of the comments on here and to be fair the odd few in the East Stand last night screaming at Nasri to "get the fucking thing forward", anyone would think we were back in the 80/90's.

We play possession football. It's not aimless possession, it's possession to bring players into areas where we can be dangerous. Last night being the perfect example with both of Jovetic's goals - Nasri, Silva and Jovetic all got themselves into positions close together to outnumber Liverpool down the right hand side of the pitch and it worked. By playing with speed you lose the accuracy of passing and control. Those three aren't the fastest or strongest in attacking areas but they are the most intelligent and that's how we win games.

Uwe Rosler said:
There were at least 3 incidents in the second half where he lost the ball and made absolutely no effort to try and win it back. He could be a great, but for me he's far too inconsistent and becomes far too complacent.

I've called him for slowing us down . His ball retention is amazing but could create so much more with his skill. He does amble back when attacks break down and when he and Yaya are strolling back we are opened up. Fernando has been amazing at plugging those holes but against the very best opponents we would have got taken apart at times.

fatbloke said:
I love some of the comments on here and to be fair the odd few in the East Stand last night screaming at Nasri to "get the fucking thing forward", anyone would think we were back in the 80/90's.

We play possession football. It's not aimless possession, it's possession to bring players into areas where we can be dangerous. Last night being the perfect example with both of Jovetic's goals - Nasri, Silva and Jovetic all got themselves into positions close together to outnumber Liverpool down the right hand side of the pitch and it worked. By playing with speed you lose the accuracy of passing and control. Those three aren't the fastest or strongest in attacking areas but they are the most intelligent and that's how we win games.

Had to chuckle last night Dzeko won possession near to Liverpool's corner flag passed the ball back to Clichy I think it was and all people round us wanted him to do was cross into the box with 4 Liverpool defenders and not one City player anywhere near the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.