Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

BlueAnorak said:
Chippy_boy said:
Most frustrating of players for me, and personally I don't think he had a great game. One of his strongest qualities normally is his ability to retain possession and in the first half he gave it away repeatedly.

The thing that drives me bonkers about him is his constant slowing down of play, especially when we are in threatening positions, he seems to favour pirouetting and passing backwards instead of the penetrating forward pass. And he takes too bloody long over it as well. The tippy tappy 5 yard passes "to you Yaya", "no back to you Samir", "no you have it Yaya" bollocks does my head in at times.

That said, he was instrumental in the first 2 goals. I just wish he was a bit more direct and less farting about. We would have scored a 4th or 5th goal I reckon has he not fannied about so much towards the end.

I think overall he's a really good player and I do value him. I just think he could be a sensational player if he was more direct.

Agreed two good passes does not a great player make.
They don't but Nasri consistently makes key passes that lead to goals.

His part in Jovetic's 2nd goal was key.

I hope he carries on doing that.

I take the point that in his general play he can do more, but it's a bit unbalanced to ignore a key moment in the games and also ignore the fact that Nasri along with Silva create a huge number of chances for our forwards

Chippy_boy said:
Most frustrating of players for me, and personally I don't think he had a great game. One of his strongest qualities normally is his ability to retain possession and in the first half he gave it away repeatedly.

In the first half, Nasri's passing accuracy was 89%, Jovetic's was 92%, and Silva's was 75%.

There were at least 3 incidents in the second half where he lost the ball and made absolutely no effort to try and win it back. He could be a great, but for me he's far too inconsistent and becomes far too complacent.

Nasri is clearly a very talented player.

But I think when we come up against the really fast and strong midfield players e.g. Chelsea, away from home then one of Nasri, Silva and Yaya has to go. I think that Nasri will be the odd man out with both Fernando and Fernandinho in the team.

It's odd that many of our fans have no comprehension of what we do on the pitch.

What a strange player.

Seems to feel his way in to games and decide what level he wants to turn on.

Purrs like an F1 car engine when it heats up, but similarly, can be temperamental, if anything is even slightly off with the tyres.

Wonderful ball retention and passing in close quarters, I hope to see the Sammy who was at his arrogant best before the hack job at Newcastle last season.

Covered the most ground of any player on either side last night.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734134/Manchester-City-3-1-Liverpool-Stevan-Jovetic-double-Reds-new-signing-Mario-Balotelli-looks-stands.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tands.html</a>

Train said:
Chippy_boy said:

In the first half, Nasri's passing accuracy was 89%, Jovetic's was 92%, and Silva's was 75%.

Silva had a stinker by his standards, 1st half. And passing it 3 yards sideways to Yaya 15 times tends to boost Nasri's averages a bit. He gave the ball away quite a bit and did very little with it first half. And not much 2nd half, come to think of it.

I do not wish to single him out however. I said he was "frustrating" not "shit".

Just a thought with our game based on possession do you not think he might be under instruction to slow the game down, as do Silva Navas Toure et al

Chippy_boy said:
Train said:
Chippy_boy said:

Silva had a stinker by his standards, 1st half. And passing it 3 yards sideways to Yaya 15 times tends to boost Nasri's averages a bit. He gave the ball away quite a bit and did very little with it first half. And not much 2nd half, come to think of it.

I do not wish to single him out however. I said he was "frustrating" not "shit".
Frustration is entirely the point. He's been instructed along with all the others to frustrate the opposition and over the course of the game to drag them out of position so we get those moments like the first two goals. Then when the opposition switches up to pushing high up the pitch, we go more direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.