Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

FantasyIreland said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Absolutely love Sami, he's a mint player, one of the best in the League if not Europe when on form and you can tell he really appreciates the support from the fans after the abuse he gets from the Tarquins and his own countrymen. Even when he's not on song he works hard and never hides on the pitch, hope to see him taking off on his jinking runs for many years to come.

'when on form'

exactly,and imo,there are a couple of factors that determine such.

Well obviously, but he was consistently superb up until his unfortunate injury at Newcastle, and even after returning he made important contributions despite not being at his best in my opinion. Even if he isn't having a standout game, his overall importance to the way we play cannot be overlooked. He is also often top of the distance covered stats, which makes a mockery of those who call him lazy.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Absolutely love Sami, he's a mint player, one of the best in the League if not Europe when on form and you can tell he really appreciates the support from the fans after the abuse he gets from the Tarquins and his own countrymen. Even when he's not on song he works hard and never hides on the pitch, hope to see him taking off on his jinking runs for many years to come.

'when on form'

exactly,and imo,there are a couple of factors that determine such.

Well obviously, but he was consistently superb up until his unfortunate injury at Newcastle, and even after returning he made important contributions despite not being at his best in my opinion. Even if he isn't having a standout game, his overall importance to the way we play cannot be overlooked. He is also often top of the distance covered stats, which makes a mockery of those who call him lazy.
This ^^^^^

Would you play him today or not?

Is he finally going to stuff it back down the throats of the Arsenal fans or is he going to stick his head up his own arse at the first boo?

I would bench him, always seems nervous against them play 5 in the middle,, Yaya Fernandinho, David, Jimmy n Jesus (taking into account Fernando injury) with one up top

fatbloke said:
I love seeing the criticism of Nasri, it just shows a complete lack of understanding of the game. Our game is based on possession and Nasri is simply one of the very best players in world football at retaining possession. Like everyone else there's different types of players who suit different situations but you have to look at the positives of what Nasri brings rather than focusing on one or two negatives. If you want a scrapper, go and sign Lee Cattermole.

Absolutely. You can tell whether someone has a clue by whether they rate Nasri or not.

urban genie said:
I would bench him, always seems nervous against them play Jimmy n Jesus with one up top
I agree with this, it clearly effects him mentally playing against the Arse especially away from home.

Derek

I would definitely play him. The more time that passes since he left the Arse, the less attachment he should have to the club and the less the booing will mean. Dropping him will only reinforce the position and mean we can't ever play him against Arsenal. Then what would we do if we had injuries and had to play him ? No, for me, it is up to the player to show character. Something he has shown he has many, many times.

Wreckless Alec said:
I would definitely play him. The more time that passes since he left the Arse, the less attachment he should have to the club and the less the booing will mean. Dropping him will only reinforce the position and mean we can't ever play him against Arsenal. Then what would we do if we had injuries and had to play him ? No, for me, it is up to the player to show character. Something he has shown he has many, many times.

But, he will get the abuse again today. Can he rise above it? I wonder what's going on in his head right now?

If he can do what he did at W.H.L. when he first arrived, he can win the game for us. It was very telling that day that the booing stopped quite quickly after he was involved in the goals!

This is not a criticism of his ability, every city fan knows he is a superb footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.