Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Think if he could score against them, as he so nearly did in the 6-3 victory, he would relax more. At home he seems to try too hard against Arsenal, while away the barracking does seem to affect him. That said, we've yet to really turn it on down there as a team.

hgblue said:
fatbloke said:
I love seeing the criticism of Nasri, it just shows a complete lack of understanding of the game. Our game is based on possession and Nasri is simply one of the very best players in world football at retaining possession. Like everyone else there's different types of players who suit different situations but you have to look at the positives of what Nasri brings rather than focusing on one or two negatives. If you want a scrapper, go and sign Lee Cattermole.

Absolutely. You can tell whether someone has a clue by whether they rate Nasri or not.

Hmmm, the old Gareth Barry debate. Personally I think there are times when Nasri is an absolute asset out on the pitch, but equally there are times - particularly when we need to move the ball quickly - when he's the opposite.
And rather like Gaz Baz, the one ground he always seems to tank at is his old one. Bench today I would hope

definitely would not play nasri today , he winds up the arsenal crowd before the game with his random stupid comments and then is anonymous in the match , the community shield was a great example . Love him as a player , and one of the 1st on the team sheet , but not at the emirates .

hgblue said:
fatbloke said:
I love seeing the criticism of Nasri, it just shows a complete lack of understanding of the game. Our game is based on possession and Nasri is simply one of the very best players in world football at retaining possession. Like everyone else there's different types of players who suit different situations but you have to look at the positives of what Nasri brings rather than focusing on one or two negatives. If you want a scrapper, go and sign Lee Cattermole.

Absolutely. You can tell whether someone has a clue by whether they rate Nasri or not.
He's certainly an important part of our system, due to his ability to retain possession, but to suggest that not rating him means you don't understand football is odd. He's a good player but there are quite a few of playmakers in this league who are better. And a hell of a lot in Europe who are better.

Bluewonder said:
hgblue said:
fatbloke said:

He's certainly an important part of our system, due to his ability to retain possession, but to suggest that not rating him means you don't understand football is odd. He's a good player but there are quite a few of playmakers in this league who are better. And a hell of a lot in Europe who are better.

I didn't say you have to think Nasri is the best player in the world to have a clue about football. I'm talking about the Nasri bashers who get on his case at the drop of a hat, but give a great amount of leaway to other members of the squad. Care to name some of the better playmakers in this league?

hgblue said:
fatbloke said:

What a pair of smug bores you two sound like! So you both 'have a clue' and anyone who has a difference of opinion doesnt?

Mike N said:
hgblue said:
fatbloke said:

What a pair of smug bores you two sound like! So you both 'have a clue' and anyone who has a difference of opinion doesnt?

I take it you're not a Nasri fan then? ;)

hgblue said:
Bluewonder said:
hgblue said:

I didn't say you have to think Nasri is the best player in the world to have a clue about football. I'm talking about the Nasri bashers who get on his case at the drop of a hat, but give a great amount of leaway to other members of the squad. Care to name some of the better playmakers in this league?
Yeah, fair enough, Nasri probably just represents the classic City whipping boy.

Ozil, Cazorla, Silva, Hazard, Fabregas and Willian are all better.

Mata in his Chelsea days was better but isn't in current form.

I'd also argue that I'd rather have Di Maria and Sterling in his position, even if they aren't quite the classic 'playmaker'.

Nasri is a good footballer, in my opinion. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.