Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

He simply took responsibility for his own form, which is the adult thing to do.

I don't recall his ever saying he played better because of Mancini's public outburst. In fact, I think he said it was difficult for him to accept anything RM was saying.

He played really well against Swansea. The first time he has done enough in a home game since Chelsea (H) in the premier League winning season.
He could still improve mind - the number of times he failed to track back after losing possession was still too high mind.

That said a huge improvement. More of the same please.

BlueAnorak said:
He played really well against Swansea. The first time he has done enough in a home game since Chelsea (H) in the premier League winning season.
He could still improve mind - the number of times he failed to track back after losing possession was still too high mind.

I think you are being very harsh on him, he has been excellent this season as a whole. Also he is one of the people who covers the most territory in our recent games I think.

SrilankanBlue said:
BlueAnorak said:

I think you are being very harsh on him, he has been excellent this season as a whole. Also he is one of the people who covers the most territory in our recent games I think.

Samir is on fire atm for both City and France

... we need to be clear about his role ... attacking mid...

He was back and covering for Clichy on more than one occasion yesterday... so let's not..

Samir Nasri

lasereyes said:

I don't recall his ever saying he played better because of Mancini's public outburst. In fact, I think he said it was difficult for him to accept anything RM was saying.

there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and i doubt the first thing rm did was call out nasri in public - we dont know what went on behind the scenes before then

we can only take nasris word for it and as karen says, he says it had an impact - job done whether fan of tactic or not

City Raider said:
lasereyes said:

there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and i doubt the first thing rm did was call out nasri in public - we dont know what went on behind the scenes before then

we can only take nasris word for it and as karen says, he says it had an impact - job done whether fan of tactic or not

I don't recall him ever saying it had a positive impact. Find me a link please.

lasereyes said:
City Raider said:
lasereyes said:

I don't recall him ever saying it had a positive impact. Find me a link please.
"I didn't take it wrongly. He is the manager, he can say whatever he wants. I agreed with him. I knew. Sometimes I don't need him to tell me because I'm professional. When I go home, I watch the games again because I love football. I watch every game: second division, Premier League.

"I know if I've played well or if I've played s*** and, for eight months, I wasn't good. I didn't deserve to be in the national team. So I understand what the manager was saying because it must be frustrating when you have a quality player and he doesn't perform and you don't know why because you try to play him there; play him there, but he still doesn't perform."

However, it is fair to say that in the intervening two-year period, the Italian and his playmaker did not see eye to eye, with Mancini even publicly rebuking Nasri last season for not trying hard enough for the team.

“Every single player has an ego so maybe to touch the ego of the player so that he can have a positive reaction – that’s what happened with me,” said Nasri.

Can you post the link pls. Important so context of an isolated quote is not lost.

lasereyes said:
Can you post the link pls. Important so context of an isolated quote is not lost.
You mean it's important so that you don't look like a tool?

Too late for that I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.