Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

mgreenz97 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
He's like a new signing so many of us wanted him out last season and got fed up with his performances it actually makes you wonder if Mancini's approach was the wrong one with players when you see players like Nasri how they are now...... With Silva out injured I 100% believe in Nasri to compensate!

People seem to be forgetting how good Nasri was at the start of last season. He hit an terrible patch of form for most of the season, but Mancini did manage to pull him out of it towards the end of the season.

Mancini deserves more credit for what he did in his time here, although I do think that ultimately, bringing in Pellegrini was a good decision (ends justifying means and what-not).

Sorry bud all Mancini did was to criticize Nasri in public. That's not pulling someone around - it's stamping on their head.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Juan King said:
One of the best players in the team this season.

He's one of the best players in the country this season.
All the media hype seems to be about Ramsey (at least Wenger seems to be talking about him all the time). I don't watch the Gooners play but I would be gobsmacked if he is playing better than Samir. I suppose we will find out at the Etihad in a couple of weeks.

jollylescott said:
All the media hype seems to be about Ramsey (at least Wenger seems to be talking about him all the time). I don't watch the Gooners play but I would be gobsmacked if he is playing better than Samir. I suppose we will find out at the Etihad in a couple of weeks.

Whatever it is between them, and it's not much, will pale in significance if one of them can continue this form.

I'm less interested in the height of Nasri's form- more the duration. Because ultimately that wins titles.

Nasri's poor form last year wasn't down to Mancini. There was a lot going on in his personal life which meant his form dropped. Mancini then didn't help with his public comments. This actually shown that Mancini distant attitude to players didn't work. He probably wasn't even aware what was going on, so was just pouring water onto the fire. A few months after Christmas, Nasri's personal life settled down, and he started playing better. His last few matches at the end of the season gave hints of what was to come...

I don't say this lightly and never thought I would but IMO the best number 8 I have seen in a City shirt

spanishblue said:
I don't say this lightly and never thought I would but IMO the best number 8 I have seen in a City shirt
what better than Bell you seriously cant mean that. Unless you didn't see him.

Samir Nasri

fulabeer said:
Nasri's poor form last year wasn't down to Mancini. There was a lot going on in his personal life which meant his form dropped. Mancini then didn't help with his public comments. This actually shown that Mancini distant attitude to players didn't work. He probably wasn't even aware what was going on, so was just pouring water onto the fire. A few months after Christmas, Nasri's personal life settled down, and he started playing better. His last few matches at the end of the season gave hints of what was to come...

nasris form picked up pretty much immediately after mancinis comments - they might have been the stir he needed and i doubt it was the first thing mancini did to try and get a reaction, most of it being behind closed doors

mancini may have thought i've tried everything else, i need to call him out in public - harsh but it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.