Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

its a Barm said:
spanishblue said:
I don't say this lightly and never thought I would but IMO the best number 8 I have seen in a City shirt
what better than Bell you seriously cant mean that. Unless you didn't see him.

Agreed, a crass statement Indeed.. Colin Bell was the best number 8 in the world in his day.. Nasri is just a great player..!

Blue Til Death said:
its a Barm said:
spanishblue said:
I don't say this lightly and never thought I would but IMO the best number 8 I have seen in a City shirt

Agreed, a crass statement Indeed.. Colin Bell was the best number 8 in the world in his day.. Nasri is just a great player..!

I was a City supporter before Collin signed for City my most prized possession is a Collin Bell signed shirt and after watching Nasri cover every blade of grass yesterday he is world class. OK probably not better than Colin but IMHO as good as .

sir baconface said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Watching Samir in that interview sitting next to Pellers, I began to feel something like love for him (no, I'm not gay, if you want to know…) Something that most City fans won't be aware of, but I'll tell you. LIving as I do in France, I read the Equipe most days. Now the Equipe is a daily newspaper entirely devoted to sports. They've got the same sort of thing in Spain and Italy. Without exaggeration, after his performance in the Euro and that spat with the journalist (who was well out of order, by the way), the Equipe basically started a single-handed crucifixion campaign against Sami. Week after week, month after month, they slagged him off. It really wound me up in the end. It's what they do. They just pick on someone, and decide to lay into him. It's just great to see him answering back in the best way possible - out on the pitch. Player of the month for my money, even over Sergio. For moral support of the man.

Out of interest, has L'Equipe changed its tune now?

Sort of, but grudgingly. The Equipe couldn't give a toss what Sami's doing for us, it's how he's doing in the French team that counts. He's definitely doing better, and above all, he's avoiding run-ins with the journalists, but he was surprisingly poor in the first play-off against the Ukraine, hence he was on the bench for the return match in Paris. That said, he went and danced in front of the supporters like everyone else when France miraculously qualified.

spanishblue said:
Blue Til Death said:
its a Barm said:

I was a City supporter before Collin signed for City my most prized possession is a Collin Bell signed shirt and after watching Nasri cover every blade of grass yesterday he is world class. OK probably not better than Colin but IMHO as good as .

Its all about opinions mate, I disagree with you regarding Nasri being up with the King but then again I'm biased, CB is my all time hero, he's on the back of all my City shirts. Nasri is playing sublime football at the moment and long may it continue..!

fulabeer said:
Nasri's poor form last year wasn't down to Mancini. There was a lot going on in his personal life which meant his form dropped. Mancini then didn't help with his public comments. This actually shown that Mancini distant attitude to players didn't work. He probably wasn't even aware what was going on, so was just pouring water onto the fire. A few months after Christmas, Nasri's personal life settled down, and he started playing better. His last few matches at the end of the season gave hints of what was to come...

Good post. And one of my main beefs with Mancini. As a man manager, he was a zero. Even Jack Welch who was a tough a nut as they come knew that once you criticize someone in public, you lose their loyalty and motivation for good.

lasereyes said:
fulabeer said:
Nasri's poor form last year wasn't down to Mancini. There was a lot going on in his personal life which meant his form dropped. Mancini then didn't help with his public comments. This actually shown that Mancini distant attitude to players didn't work. He probably wasn't even aware what was going on, so was just pouring water onto the fire. A few months after Christmas, Nasri's personal life settled down, and he started playing better. His last few matches at the end of the season gave hints of what was to come...

Good post. And one of my main beefs with Mancini. As a man manager, he was a zero. Even Jack Welch who was a tough a nut as they come knew that once you criticize someone in public, you lose their loyalty and motivation for good.

Nasri has said in an interview a few weeks ago that it was the public bollocking by mancini that made him play better.He said it works for some players but others respond to a quiet word
I think moving in with his victoria secrets model girlfriend helped as well;)

karen7 said:
lasereyes said:
fulabeer said:

Nasri has said in an interview a few weeks ago that it was the public bollocking by mancini that made him play better.He said it works for some players but others respond to a quiet word

What he says and what he really felt are not necessarily one and the same. He would like a total patsy if he said he got demotivated by the bollocking, especially given his reputation for being soft at times.

I've been in business 25 years and I have never seen public humiliation of someone work for a manager. Even if you are firing someone, you do it in private with HR, and move on.

lasereyes said:
karen7 said:
lasereyes said:

What he says and what he really felt are not necessarily one and the same. He would like a total patsy if he said he got demotivated by the bollocking, especially given his reputation for being soft at times.

I've been in business 25 years and I have never seen public humiliation of someone work for a manager. Even if you are firing someone, you do it in private with HR, and move on.

Thats what he said so you have to take it that is how he felt,anything else is total speculation on our part

It's not speculation that Mancini's relationship with the players totally disintegrated.

lasereyes said:
It's not speculation that Mancini's relationship with the players totally disintegrated.

I am not getting into all that again
Samir said how he felt and i'm just quoting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.