Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
The evidence doesn't support the view that Viney's form has NOT gone down the tubes. It has and like Arsenal he was bloody useless yesterday. In fact the whole defence looked like strangers. Why does he think it's OK to to step in front of a player and give a foul away. He's doing it all the time for goodness sake.
It is extremely concerning.
Needs to be dropped for his own good and the teams good.

It's a Joe Hart situation and he came back in weeks. It has to be dealt with.

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with his attitude. Not only has his own game gone to pieces, but what shocks me is that he is not leading the team on the pitch.

Pellegrini's job depends on this. He's allowed this to go on for weeks, and not grasped the nettle

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
The evidence doesn't support the view that Viney's form has NOT gone down the tubes. It has and like Arsenal he was bloody useless yesterday. In fact the whole defence looked like strangers. Why does he think it's OK to to step in front of a player and give a foul away. He's doing it all the time for goodness sake.
It is extremely concerning.
Needs to be dropped for his own good and the teams good.

It's a Joe Hart situation and he came back in weeks. It has to be dealt with.

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with his attitude. Not only has his own game gone to pieces, but what shocks me is that he is not leading the team on the pitch.

Pellegrini's job depends on this. He's allowed this to go on for weeks, and not grasped the nettle
To be fair to Vinny, the whole defence with perhaps the exception of Clichy is performing abysmally. The manager has to get back to basics and select a back four line up that stays the same, week in and week out, with changes to it only when enforced. Unlike the flair departments of the team where individuality is allowed, a solid defence is heavily dependent on unity of thinking, and far too often this aspect has been destroyed by Pellegrini's constant chopping and changing.

Like several others looks a shadow of his former self. Not the automatic choice he once was on current form. Still working his way back to full fitness and his poor injury record is a cause for concern.

I'm no cynic said:
To be fair to Vinny, the whole defence with perhaps the exception of Clichy is performing abysmally. The manager has to get back to basics and select a back four line up that stays the same, week in and week out, with changes to it only when enforced. Unlike the flair departments of the team where individuality is allowed, a solid defence is heavily dependent on unity of thinking, and far too often this aspect has been destroyed by Pellegrini's constant chopping and changing.

I'd agree with a lot of that. Far too much pissing around, even given the fact that we've had injuries. Vinny must take the lead though and sort the defence out.

With our recent performances, this is when you need your skipper to stand up and be counted. The fact is he isn't showing the leadership qualities we would expect from him; maybe due to his own form being off he doesn't think he can shout and ball at others. If he is thinking that, then he needs to surrender the armband.

Wish he'd stop talking "5 points is nothing" which quickly became 7 and maybe 9-10 on Wednesday!

Concentrate, stop diving in and wandering up field.

The thing is, he knows he is well below par at the moment, which led to the chelsea goal.
Maybe its a case of being crippled by his own success. Lauded as this intelligent defender, excellent reader, who bullies players out of the games and when under the cosh will defend as if his life depended on it.
Think his biggest issue at the moment is over thinking, happened a few times in the Chelsea game, their goal and the trying to bring the ball down when it was needed and was subsequently robbed of it by Remy who had the freedom of our right side to scurry into.

Just get back to basics Vinny ffs

Not arsed about what he says in the media or anything like that, or this "he's not yelling at people" guff, to me that's just people venting anger at the wrong things, I'm not convinced those things impact the game at all. My only concern is how he's playing. You lead by example, not by yelling at people. Your captain should be someone who the rest of the team can rely on to do his job consistently, someone who still looks just as reliable and calming when the rest of the team look out of sorts. (the old, keeping your head when everyone around you loses their's bit) He's not been able to do when he keeps getting injured and coming back so rusty. No one else in the team is doing it either though, so it's hard to see who people think should be captain instead, as all our experienced players have been very unreliable this year.

I did read an article (cant remember where) earlier in the season that claimed that the coaches were trying to pursuade VK to be less impetuous. Stay on his feet more, not dive into tackles. The argument was that this would result in fewer injuries with the added bonus of fewer cards.

Having had another injury and then conceded a penalty against Arsenal, perhaps that explains his recent subdued performances?

Marvin said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
So according to this some "fans" on this thread , in half a season Vinny has gone from one of the best defenders in europe ( pundits like carragher and souness have also stated this) to an average defender and poor captain. You should hang your heads in shame , he is an excellent player going through a few fitness and form problems , like all players do in their careers . He will be back to his best , and you certainly cannot question his attitude and loyalty to the club ,he will make the doubters eat their words , form is temporary , class in permanent.
H
Head in the sand.

no , its called showing a bit of loyalty to a player who has given everything for the club for 5 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.