Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
forevermancity said:
Bad performance again.

On side note, it's easy to be a captain and a leader in a winning team..but when we are playing badly he doesn't step up or motivate, hide is a strong word but he certainly doesn't grab the game and say 'fuck this, were fucking winning this' Disappointing

I don't want to agree with this but i do in my heart of hearts, he needs to fucking buck his ideas up.
It is shit saying it but it is true, we needed him to show some bollocks today and grab a few players collars but he was to happy chugging along.

When the rest of the team are still putting their slippers on he needs to be chucking buckets of cold water on them and shouting breakfast is ready and getting cold!
It is like a house full of good kids when the parents are away on hols, the house does not burn down but standards start to slip because nobody is making sure standards stay high.
We need more from him and he should know and act on this tbh.

forevermancity said:
Bad performance again.

On side note, it's easy to be a captain and a leader in a winning team..but when we are playing badly he doesn't step up or motivate, hide is a strong word but he certainly doesn't grab the game and say 'fuck this, were fucking winning this' Disappointing

You have hit the nail on the head. For me a telling point today was early in the game when he had a chance to take a quick throw - a couple of their players were out of position but our Captain just picked the ball up and waited for Zaba then casually tossed it to his fullback to take a throw. Hull by which time has 9 behind the ball. We must start these games faster, that will get us on the front foot and help get the crowd up for it. And, on a related note, can someone please tell me why Jo Hart continues to refuse any sort of quick distribution and waits before planting clearance after goal kick directly on an opponents head? Are we coached to play slowly all the time?

Kompany got a right bollocking off Zab just before HT, never seen Zab so angry with a teammate before. He seems to have lost all his composure this season, goes charging thoughtlessy into tackles in a way he never used to in his best seasons.

Seems that every game he barges into someone, sends them sprawling, and then tries to justify it as a shoulder charge when the referee blows for a free kick. One would think he'd learn that he won't get away with this.

lancs blue said:
Kompany got a right bollocking off Zab just before HT, never seen Zab so angry with a teammate before. He seems to have lost all his composure this season, goes charging thoughtlessy into tackles in a way he never used to in his best seasons.

i saw that too he was SHOOTING at kompany like he was ready to fight him>>>for me zabba should be CAPTAIN as he is the real leader of this team not komany

he had a face like a smacked arse in abu dhabi, whats up vinnie?

MihaiCity said:
lancs blue said:

i saw that too he was SHOOTING at kompany like he was ready to fight him>>>for me zabba should be CAPTAIN as he is the real leader of this team not komany

For me Kompany is a myth. An articulate guy off the field doesn't necessarily make a good captain.

Terry, Keane, Bremner, Adams, Robson,. None of these were the brightest. But they were passionate and could hand out a bollocking when required.

robinhood CITY said:
His challenge at the end of the game which gave Hull a free kick was awful .Could of cost City the game.

Bollox, the "challenge" was a shoulder to shoulder. Never a foul. Moss couldnt wait to give it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.