Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell we have some fickle fans. Win two titles in 3 seasons, but the year you don't you become a shit captain and a "myth"? Jesus christ.

They'll be some fans who won't want to criticise Vinny because he's our captain and they probably think it's wrong to but you just have to face facts, his performances have massively dipped this year, he's not been at his peak since 2011/12 imo.

No performance comes to mind right now where I can comfortably say I felt he was composed, assured and smart. He's generally been a defender on the front foot, aggressive looking to take the ball and bring it out of defence but this season he's just been too reckless, desperate and rash. I'm starting to question his leadership, today him and Zab got into a shouting match, rarely seen that happen for us.

It pains me to say it but our best defensive performances were in December when Demichelis & Mangala played together.

So according to this some "fans" on this thread , in half a season Vinny has gone from one of the best defenders in europe ( pundits like carragher and souness have also stated this) to an average defender and poor captain. You should hang your heads in shame , he is an excellent player going through a few fitness and form problems , like all players do in their careers . He will be back to his best , and you certainly cannot question his attitude and loyalty to the club ,he will make the doubters eat their words , form is temporary , class in permanent.

J_Bow said:
They'll be some fans who won't want to criticise Vinny because he's our captain and they probably think it's wrong to but you just have to face facts, his performances have massively dipped this year, he's not been at his peak since 2011/12 imo.

No performance comes to mind right now where I can comfortably say I felt he was composed, assured and smart. He's generally been a defender on the front foot, aggressive looking to take the ball and bring it out of defence but this season he's just been too reckless, desperate and rash. I'm starting to question his leadership, today him and Zab got into a shouting match, rarely seen that happen for us.

It pains me to say it but our best defensive performances were in December when Demichelis & Mangala played together.

I can't find it in me to criticise Vinny. The fact he has been immense for us buys him a pass this season IMO.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
So according to this some "fans" on this thread , in half a season Vinny has gone from one of the best defenders in europe ( pundits like carragher and souness have also stated this) to an average defender and poor captain. You should hang your heads in shame , he is an excellent player going through a few fitness and form problems , like all players do in their careers . He will be back to his best , and you certainly cannot question his attitude and loyalty to the club ,he will make the doubters eat their words , form is temporary , class in permanent.
H
Head in the sand.

The evidence doesn't support the view that Viney's form has NOT gone down the tubes. It has and like Arsenal he was bloody useless yesterday. In fact the whole defence looked like strangers. Why does he think it's OK to to step in front of a player and give a foul away. He's doing it all the time for goodness sake.
It is extremely concerning.

Said at the match yesterday you can't hear him on the pitch, even when the crowd are quiet you should be able to hear him barking instructions, he just doesn't seem interested. The performance yesterday smacks of the Wigan cup final, like the players want rid of the manger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.