Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinnies had a wobble since being back from Injury, but he's the best man for captaincy and still the best defender we have, I would play Demi and Mangala at the moment , but think with the problems the defensive midfield is giving us I would try Vinny in a sweeper role protecting them 2 and linkin play with the midfield, might work, might not but Vinny is more than capable

I personally think a bit of edge went from his game when Rooney had him sent off. That little bit of doubt, plus more media focus, and his mistake at Anfield last season has built some kind of case against him. Not a lot, but enough. As captain of the champions, any mistake will be scrutinized in a way that would be ignored if he played for another team just below the title contenders. It is up to him to be strong and to drive any doubts out of his mind.

Hungarian blue said:
Good interview by Ladyman in the Mail with Bellamy, where the player names three players that are 'the best he has played with and with the best attitude': Speed, Gerrard and Kompany.

Maybe, after all, he's not the worst captain material (barring his recent displays :).

Gerrard is another who is a poor captain for much of the same reasons as Kompany.

Damocles said:
Hungarian blue said:
Good interview by Ladyman in the Mail with Bellamy, where the player names three players that are 'the best he has played with and with the best attitude': Speed, Gerrard and Kompany.

Maybe, after all, he's not the worst captain material (barring his recent displays :).

Gerrard is another who is a poor captain for much of the same reasons as Kompany.

Yes, I was thinking that I made a mistake when I included Gerrard too, because it hardly reinforces my point... :)

Anyway, I always thought that this whole captain armband stuff is a bit overrated in England as you should always have some types of 'leaders by example' and some who are just natural leaders with big voice, but who of them is the actual captain, seems not so relevant to me. However, maybe it's because of that culture that both Kompany and Gerrard struggle a bit as captains, i.e. they don't handle pressure that well etc.

Blue Haze said:
63' in and Kompany sent off for Belgium. Two yellows

Can't recall him ever being in poorer for,

He has lost all his composure since he came back from inj
I almost wish for demi and mangler for the last 8 games

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/EmbarrassedCoordinatedEasternnewt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/EmbarrassedCoordinatedEasternnewt</a>

Quality from Vincent.

Mattyc55 said:
Blue Haze said:
63' in and Kompany sent off for Belgium. Two yellows

Can't recall him ever being in poorer for,

What were the bookings like mate..Charging out and diving in again?
Two professional fouls. Though I wasn't watching that closely, the announcer said the ref had no choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.