Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only fear with Vinny is him potentially going through what Vidic did after his injuries, I hope not.

Let's see what happens next season.

Something's definitely up with him, he was on the brink of becoming one of the games great centre halves a couple of years ago. I'm not a Mancini fan but Kompany has not been the same since he left, or is it De Jongs departure, or was Lescott the perfect partner...I don't know but you can't say his level hasn't dropped

jimmygrimblesboots said:
another fine game from vinny tonight , defensive under a lot of pressure due to yaya's and nasri's inability to do the dirty work , overrun in midfield , well done vinny and the lads.
How I saw it, he had a couple of early errors, but he spent half the night covering for the awol and useless Sagna.

seems to have lost his judgement and timing. Was all over the place tonight, trying too hard, it seemed to me. Not having the same partners from game to game certainly wont help, neither will a midfield that is really porous. Looked a bit better when we went 4-5-1
Fingers crossed he gets his mojo back asap

Any top centre half will look dodgy if you don't give him protection. He's no where near his best but he's still top class imo

How long do you think a top centre half could look dodgy because he doesn't get protection before he loses confidence and motivation? I would say just over a year and a half.

citymad said:
Any top centre half will look dodgy if you don't give him protection. He's no where near his best but he's still top class imo

halfcenturyup said:
How long do you think a top centre half could look dodgy because he doesn't get protection before he loses confidence and motivation? I would say just over a year and a half.

citymad said:

Agree with this. Thought he played pretty well last night against a fantastic team. Little or no protection from Nasri/Yaya. Didnt think MDM or Sagna played badly either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.