Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The criticism he gets is almost comical.

The full-back game used to be all about defending, but in a team like City it is as much about attacking as defending and there is not a better attacking left back in the Premiership at the moment. With the amount of games coming up, its a big boost to have Clichy back so that Kolarov doesn't have to play every 3-4 days.

Monreal, Moreno, Baines. All superior.

With the amount of games we play these days you need two quality left backs. Of the two we have I'd be more inclined to get rid of Clichy. Ideally we'll be in the market for somebody in the Summer and if we are, Kolorov is a more than able back up.

But even his goal was his same old - HIT IT REALLY HARD. He got it on target which meant it wasn't getting stopped. A good goal and well needed by the team, but how many times is that shot going to go high wide and handsome?

Sorry, but if that was Aguero you would be saying "exceptional finish".

Monreal, Moreno, Baines. All superior.

Monreal has 0 goals and 6 assists in his entire time with Arsenal

Moreno has 2 goals and 1 assist

Kolarov has 9 goals and 21 assists

Baines is better (benefited hugely from taking all of Evertons free-kicks, corners and penalties though)

Where?

When we have a full strength side we have:

One of the best keepers in the league if not world in Hart,
Two very solid centre backs in Kompany and Otomendi,
One quality holding midfielder and another looking promising in Fernandinho and Delph,
The league's best midfield maestro in Silva,
Another highly gifted midfielder who can play anywhere and has the most assists in the league in KDB,
The best striker in the league in Sergio.

Add to those Yaya when he's on form, Sterling when he can get it together, Bony, Mangala, Fernando etc.

THE main deficiencies in our team are our fullbacks.

Zabaleta isn't on form this season and injured, Sagna is having a purple patch but still isn't quite good enough for where we want to be.

As for our left backs, Clichy has regressed, and although he was much improved today over recent performances Kolarov IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He was comfortable today against lesser opposition. Had he had that performance and not been shown up against better opposition I would have been more impressed. But even his goal was his same old - HIT IT REALLY HARD. He got it on target which meant it wasn't getting stopped. A good goal and well needed by the team, but how many times is that shot going to go high wide and handsome?

I'll cut him some slack today but I maintain our left backs are not the standard we need. Going off Clichy's performance against Juve, Kolarov is our best option, but that to me is a very worrying state of affairs.

Hit it really hard you serious ? The guy placed it right in the corner beyond the defenders on the line. Suggest you take a look at the goal again. Plus the control from the cross was excellent.

Thanks Aleks for the fantastic goal and for giving me the chance to chant your song to your biggest fan, Knaresborough Blue!

NaNaNaNanNaNaNaNa!

Kolarov for me falls into the Yaya category. Has some very nice assets, but countered by some very heavy deficiencies. People always seem to lean one way or the other, he's either shite at defending thus useless, or great at shooting/crossing thus amazing. Reality is he's in the middle, useful for certain games for me.

Tough games put a proper defender in (Clichy).
Games when we're dominating put Kolarov in.

I still like defenders who can defend so would certainly be looking for replacements in summer, if not just for the age situation we're in.

Had one of his good games yesterday, great finish for the goal. Could argue he should've blocked the cross & not given away the "foul" but I think you have to blame a few people for the goal not just him.

Kolarov for me falls into the Yaya category. Has some very nice assets, but countered by some very heavy deficiencies. People always seem to lean one way or the other, he's either shite at defending thus useless, or great at shooting/crossing thus amazing. Reality is he's in the middle, useful for certain games for me.

Tough games put a proper defender in (Clichy).
Games when we're dominating put Kolarov in.

I still like defenders who can defend so would certainly be looking for replacements in summer, if not just for the age situation we're in.

Had one of his good games yesterday, great finish for the goal. Could argue he should've blocked the cross & not given away the "foul" but I think you have to blame a few people for the goal not just him.
Including the referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.