Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly are most consistent player this season , never hits the heights , but also never has a stinker , much as i love zabman , sagna has to be considered our 1st choice right back , (not sure if zabs would suit a holding role in midfield now , because you cannot replace his attitude and desire) , Sagna has proved me wrong this season , thought he was another gooner looking for the last big fat contract , but he has been invaluable this season.
In fairness, he does have stinkers.

In fairness, he does have stinkers.
Few and far between though.Hes been our best defender this season,very reliable and very consistent - i feel much more confident with his name in the eleven,a complete contrast to kolarov unfortunately.

Few and far between though.Hes been our best defender this season,very reliable and very consistent - i feel much more confident with his name in the eleven,a complete contrast to kolarov unfortunately.
I've been told I'm biased, but Otamendi for me. Best defender by a mile. Sagna has improved over time, but like everyone he has his clonkers.

Remember having to defend him against the barrage of insults after the Stoke game. I don't have a problem with his defending it good, its his offense that was intensely lacking in the beginning. But in the last few games his Putin some solid crosses. Was watching the game with a few friends and yelled that's a goal, when he hit the cross. Didn't know who was in the box or anything, but the cross just looked the part of something that ends in the net. If his offense stays at this clip, Zab will struggle to get his job back.

I've been told I'm biased, but Otamendi for me. Best defender by a mile. Sagna has improved over time, but like everyone he has his clonkers.

Remember having to defend him against the barrage of insults after the Stoke game. I don't have a problem with his defending it good, its his offense that was intensely lacking in the beginning. But in the last few games his Putin some solid crosses. Was watching the game with a few friends and yelled that's a goal, when he hit the cross. Didn't know who was in the box or anything, but the cross just looked the part of something that ends in the net. If his offense stays at this clip, Zab will struggle to get his job back.
First and foremost his job is to defend.....and he is superb at it,assisting in attack is a bonus and he aint no muppet when it comes to that either.As regards stoke,thats one game,shortly after personal demons,that i can forgive him for,and he was very much a part of a collective that day.Otamendi is fantastic when on his game but he has far more errors than Sagna.

First and foremost his job is to defend.....and he is superb at it,assisting in attack is a bonus and he aint no muppet when it comes to that either.As regards stoke,thats one game,shortly after personal demons,that i can forgive him for,and he was very much a part of a collective that day.Otamendi is fantastic when on his game but he has far more errors than Sagna.

So I'm not an old school defender must defend first believer. I believe in complete footballers. You should be a footballer first, then positional player 2nd. It's why i was never a Lescott fan, or a Mangala fan, and why I preferred Barry to DeJong.

If you remember I Used to be extremely unpopular a few years back. I want players who are comfortable on the ball and thus have a wider range of options both in possession and out of it.

As Sagna comfort on the ball and contributing on offense increase, our team will become better. That's how I like my fullbacks. Contributing as players first.

I'd rather have a great footballer and so so defender, than a so so footballer who was a great defender.

The former is always better.

Well my position is actually old school too. Just not English Old School. I'm a believer in the dutch complete football system. So the focus is on being a good all round footballer as opposed to be a sturdy positional player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.