Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David 'Merlin' Silva appreciation thread

Mister Appointment said:
Lavinda Past said:
Silva - IMO currently the most overrated player at the club, if not in the whole premier league.

n33n2o.jpg

58248-Stick-People-Character-Reeling-In-A-Fish-On-A-Line-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Lavinda Past said:
stonerblue said:
Sublime skills again last night. His turn on the edge of the box that bamboozled both defenders was a thing of draw- jopping beauty.

Silva - IMO currently the most overrated player at the club, if not in the whole premier league.

Looks lost at CL level - Can't shoot for toffee, can't defend to save his life, couldn't thread a darning needle let alone a 'killer' pass. Relies on getting knocked over on the edge of the box - If he doesn't win free kicks, he may as well not be there.

What like the killer pass he played to Aguero which won us the penalty? Please just stop acting like you know anything about football cos you clearly don't.

RandomJ said:
Lavinda Past said:
stonerblue said:
Sublime skills again last night. His turn on the edge of the box that bamboozled both defenders was a thing of draw- jopping beauty.

Looks lost at CL level - Can't shoot for toffee, can't defend to save his life, couldn't thread a darning needle let alone a 'killer' pass. Relies on getting knocked over on the edge of the box - If he doesn't win free kicks, he may as well not be there.

What like the killer pass he played to Aguero which won us the penalty? Please just stop acting like you know anything about football cos you clearly don't.
Did it hurt removing that hook?

BlueTG said:
RandomJ said:
Lavinda Past said:

Did it hurt removing that hook?

muttley-o.gif

Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Bluewonder said:
Even if he was a complete c**t, it doesn't change the fact he was a top player. Just because I have a wider understanding of the game than your blue-tinted myopia, doesn't mean I'm a rag sycophant. Grow up.

So you now believe your knowledge of football is superior ,what an appalling presumptious arrogant attitude . You have already been proved wrong with statistics , your reply is a generalisation of unproven public opinion , and personal opinion . You cannot judge David Silvas career at 28 years old against a player who has virtually finished career , and i think you will find a football player will be judged as world class on his ability not the longevity of a career , if the sister in law shagger was such a great player , why didnt madrid or barca sign him from their feeder club ? It takes a big "man" to admit an error of judgement ,which i dont expect it from you , i will just wait for your next installment of bullshit and heresay.

The first thing you said to me was "your opinion is insignificant to me." If you are searching for an appalling attitude, I think you should look closer to home.

As for comparing him with Giggs, who you rightly state has finished his career, it was actually you who brought him up, not I. I was comparing him with iniesta, who is just 18 months David Silva's senior.

To suggest that my reply is a generalisation of unproven public opinion is bizarre, as evidenced by Iniesta's position in the Ballon D'or voting over the last 5 years:
2009: 4th
2010: 2nd
2011: 4th
2012: 3rd
2013: 6th
Interestingly enough, Merlin is yet to be nominated.

I believe that these results are a considerably more thorough indication of Iniesta's ability than merely 4 empirical stats which were compared entirely without context.

And I implore you to please refrain from placing 'spaces' before punctuation, as it is offensive to read, and quite ironic considering how you view my "bullshit" writing.

He would have needed to stump up at The Swamp if he wanted a nomination. Playing for us has killed any chance he might have had.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
So you now believe your knowledge of football is superior ,what an appalling presumptious arrogant attitude . You have already been proved wrong with statistics , your reply is a generalisation of unproven public opinion , and personal opinion . You cannot judge David Silvas career at 28 years old against a player who has virtually finished career , and i think you will find a football player will be judged as world class on his ability not the longevity of a career , if the sister in law shagger was such a great player , why didnt madrid or barca sign him from their feeder club ? It takes a big "man" to admit an error of judgement ,which i dont expect it from you , i will just wait for your next installment of bullshit and heresay.

The first thing you said to me was "your opinion is insignificant to me." If you are searching for an appalling attitude, I think you should look closer to home.

As for comparing him with Giggs, who you rightly state has finished his career, it was actually you who brought him up, not I. I was comparing him with iniesta, who is just 18 months David Silva's senior.

To suggest that my reply is a generalisation of unproven public opinion is bizarre, as evidenced by Iniesta's position in the Ballon D'or voting over the last 5 years:

I believe that these results are a considerably more thorough indication of Iniesta's ability than merely 4 empirical stats which were compared entirely without context.

And I implore you to please refrain from placing 'spaces' before punctuation, as it is offensive to read, and quite ironic considering how you view my "bullshit" writing.

He would have needed to stump up at The Swamp if he wanted a nomination. Playing for us has killed any chance he might have had.

This never prevented Sergio and Yaya to get regular nominations, why should it be a handicap for Merlin ?

Re: David Silva appreciation thread

ZZmaestro said:
Bluewonder said:

This never prevented Sergio and Yaya to get regular nominations, why should it be a handicap for Merlin ?
Even Balotelli was nominated when he was with us. Although I can only assume that was for services to comedy.

Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Ha ha what a load of bullshit , he is not even won player of the year for us in 4 years he as been here

Jack74 said:
Bluewonder said:

Ha ha what a load of bullshit , he is not even won player of the year for us in 4 years he as been here

Vincent Kompany has won it once, whereas Richard Dunne won it 4 times. By your logic that means Dunne is a better player than Vinny.
Stephen Ireland won it once too. Is he better than Silva ?
You really are a fucking clown.

stony said:
Jack74 said:

Vincent Kompany has won it once, whereas Richard Dunne won it 4 times. By your logic that means Dunne is a better player than Vinny.
Stephen Ireland won it once too. Is he better than Silva ?
You really are a fucking clown.

Ha ha why would I think Dunne is better than the best centre half in the world , do you think Dunne would have won it with Aguero , Yaya and Kompany in the same team no would he fuck cause like Silva he was not as good in fact no where as good as the 3 players mentioned.

Regards Ireland and Silva it is close but Ireland's 1 and only good season was better than any Silva as produced on a personal level.

MCFC Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.