Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jollylescott said:
FantasyIreland said:
This lad should be in the middle of the park orchestrating play,to position him anywhere else is denying us a major threat and not giving us beat advantage.
Its like buying a Rottweiler and treating it like a fucking Chihuahua.

Couldn't agree more FI. Funnily enough I think the team played it's best football when we had no strikers and we had Jimmy up front and Merlin floating behind over the Xmas period. We actually seemed through necessity to play in a compact and organised way, and generally it worked.

Then we got our strikers back and started to jam the square pegs into the round holes (eg Silva on the wing) in our 'preferred' 442 and suddenly we started to look exposed again.

To me it's simple. If you have a player as good as Silva, then you play him behind one striker and give him a licence to create.

He prefers to play behind a striker. But sometimes he is crap when he plays there. Depends on how the oppo set up I think. When he plays on the left, he doesn't really play there, he moves round. When he moved centrally, he wasn't quick enough to the ball, or arsed enough, to do anything. Sometimes he had space behind him but hadn't even bothered to look & just assumed he couldn't turn.

He was shit v Burnley, & would have been wherever we played him.

As much as I agree Silva is best when played centrally he's played most his career for us starting from the right and it's no problem for him and in some ways makes him harder to mark. He struggles more when starting from the left especially in away games when he can't drift quite as much as he can at home. He ends up picking the ball up on the left and he doesn't want to go inside with it because he'd be going on to his right foot. Teams find it much easier to play against him because he's never going to burst past anyone on the outside.

The other problem if he plays centrally behind Aguero is if we are playing a good European side or a team like Arsenal or Liverpool who can press us high up the pitch is him and Aguero get starved of the ball because Sergio is not a natural lone striker and neither of them have the size to be a an out ball when we are pinned back. It would work in a game like yesterday and against most the shite in the league but not against top sides.

Absolute trash yet again. I'd seriously consider selling him and bringing De Bruyne in if I were Pelle. He's a classy player but not a player a team with CL winning aspirations should be building their team around.

Chrisdunk said:
Absolute trash yet again. I'd seriously consider selling him and bringing De Bruyne in if I were Pelle. He's a classy player but not a player a team with CL winning aspirations should be building their team around.
Thank fuck you're not "Pelle" then.

'kin hell.

He is arguably the best player to ever wear the shirt for us but he does go missing in a few big games.

Definitely keep hold of him though

Chrisdunk said:

You only ever crawl out of the woodwork when we lose, I'm surprised you've managed to stay under the radar for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.