Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Runs like an Olympic sprinter! It was sensational to watch him chase back and knock Hazard off the ball. Even if Eli does make an error he will have the capacity to recover because of his sheer speed.

On a related matter I am totally bamboozled as to why Deschamps refuses to play him in the French team when he has that useless Sakho from the dippers ahead of him.

Eli has a great future and also appears to have a level head on his shoulders.

Once again all praise to Txiki.

A couple of games for us and he'll walk into the France national team. Looked good yesterday. Mind you, let's not forget he did cost £32m, so not exactly untapped talent.

malg said:
A couple of games for us and he'll walk into the France national team. Looked good yesterday. Mind you, let's not forget he did cost £32m, so not exactly untapped talent.

Who's arsed mate!

Very much in the mould of Vinnie it seems. Big, strong, quick, aggressive, plays on the front foot, composed on the ball. Very early days but from what I saw of him this has the potential to be the best centre half partnership in world football. He'll also learn a lot from Vin (what better role model) and that'll help take his game to the next level.

Say we sell Yaya and buy Paul Pogba as a replacement, a guy who whilst is not as good offensively (yet at least) has better legs and is stronger defensively

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Pogba

Imagine that lining up in a CL game.... brick fucking wall.

The memory of Frontzeck's debut is too fresh in my mind for me to go overboard but, that said, I do like the cut of Mangala's jib !

Wreckless Alec said:
The memory of Frontzeck's debut is too fresh in my mind for me to go overboard but, that said, I do like the cut of Mangala's jib !

This guy is no Frontzek, mate. He's the real deal.

Didsbury Dave said:
What an incredible pairing we have. Not many better int he world, I wouldn't have thought.
Agreed.

And they'll each bring more out of the other. With pace at the back, the other defender can come forward safe in the knowledge that we've got pace at the back.

Put Mangala, Kompany, Toure, Fernandiho, Fernando and Aguero together in the team and we've got the most powerful spine of a team ever seen in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.