Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost at West Ham when he started, and at Liverpool. I don't think we lost another game he started. Think the lad will continue go improve. If we actually add a central midfielder go help Fernandinho we'll look much better, he'll look much better. Look how much stronger we looked with Frank or Fernando helping him out.

by the end of last season we could already see him making steps to improve...I think we can expect big things from him next season....

City Watch‏@City_Watch1h1 hour ago
Mangala on being in Daily Mail flop team: "Of course it hurts your pride, because no-one likes to hear those sorts of remarks."

Mangala: "Those sorts of articles motivate you. I'm not at all worried about that."

Mangala: "Now I know how the league is, I know my team, how things work and how we work. That will be the platform for the future."

Hope he will settle in more next year, needs kompany to come back to his previous world class form, then I think we will see the true mangala and perhaps he will grow into a world beater! I have faith...

We lost at West Ham when he started, and at Liverpool. I don't think we lost another game he started. Think the lad will continue go improve. If we actually add a central midfielder go help Fernandinho we'll look much better, he'll look much better. Look how much stronger we looked with Frank or Fernando helping him out.

You are right - we only lost 2 games he started all year in the league and he made 24 starts. The stats when he has started are superb:

i) After the West Ham defeat he started another 20 times and our record in those games was W16 D3 L1.
ii) Works out as 2.55 points per game played for those 20 games - projected over a season that is 97 points.
iii) We only let in 15 goals in those 20 games - the average goals against per game is meaner than Chelsea's for the season
iv) His points per game played in the league was the best of the top 15 City players by minutes played.

But he's shit and a waste of money :)

You are right - we only lost 2 games he started all year in the league and he made 24 starts. The stats when he has started are superb:

i) After the West Ham defeat he started another 20 times and our record in those games was W16 D3 L1.
ii) Works out as 2.55 points per game played for those 20 games - projected over a season that is 97 points.
iii) We only let in 15 goals in those 20 games - the average goals against per game is meaner than Chelsea's for the season
iv) His points per game played in the league was the best of the top 15 City players by minutes played.

But he's shit and a waste of money :)

Even if you agree with the Fail that Eli was a waste of money - and I don't - how the hell that poor excuse for an article could have him at No. 1 is beyond me.

Failcow, Tia Maria and fatty Shaw, as well as Mario, all had worse seasons than Mangala, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.