Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge mistake by City if it's true. Unless of course he's got a touch of the Jerome Boateng's, and if he has then surely we'd sell rather than loan. I'm hoping it's just bullshit because he's been solid in the first two games.

I understand the deal and it makes a lot of sense. It's easy to get caught up in his performance today. He was superb but he was similarly excellent in the same fixture last season. City aren't knee jerkers like us. They will have assessed him all last season and decided he isn't quite ready to be a reliable defender every week with us. Champions League will be a big focus this season for the heirarchy imo and it seems they would feel we have a better chance with an older, more experienced defender. Pellegrini showed he didn't trust Mangala fully by choosing a 33 year old to start against Barca + Messi over him.

The fact it appears to be a simple one year loan is perfect for us. We send him to a top 4 club in Spain, and he will gain experience in multiple games against the likes of Real, Barca and Atletico and he will hopefully come back a more complete package.

In the mean time we will have a guy who got into the La Liga team of the year and Copa America team of the tournament and can perhaps focus more on developing Denayer rather than Denayer and Mangala at the same time.

Last 8 premier league games he has played we have conceded 4 goals, keeping 6 clean sheets in the process...Impressive stats to me!!

No but im choosing to be positive as the lad is good enough,, we played jose's men today, wiped the floor with them and Joe had very little to do.
Yh I would love to keep him. When was the last time we have had a settled back 4. However Spain will improve his football side of his game, for example not panicking. When you play for us your always under pressure. At vcf he can relax and come back to us more rounded. Next year, VK NO EM AND Jason. I'll take that.

I understand the deal and it makes a lot of sense. It's easy to get caught up in his performance today. He was superb but he was similarly excellent in the same fixture last season. City aren't knee jerkers like us. They will have assessed him all last season and decided he isn't quite ready to be a reliable defender every week with us. Champions League will be a big focus this season for the heirarchy imo and it seems they would feel we have a better chance with an older, more experienced defender. Pellegrini showed he didn't trust Mangala fully by choosing a 33 year old to start against Barca + Messi over him.

The fact it appears to be a simple one year loan is perfect for us. We send him to a top 4 club in Spain, and he will gain experience in multiple games against the likes of Real, Barca and Atletico and he will hopefully come back a more complete package.

In the mean time we will have a guy who got into the La Liga team of the year and Copa America team of the tournament and can perhaps focus more on developing Denayer rather than Denayer and Mangala at the same time.

Exactly how I see it. Gutted, but hopefully otamendi brings more consistency.

Can understand the arrangement. He's still a raw talent (should have scored today and was sloppy clearing one- harsh, I know) and playing against sterner attacking propositions will hasten his development. It's one thing keeping Albion and Chelsea in check, and something else keeping Barca and Real in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.