Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mangala. His first game for City showed his potential.

He's leaning to be more cautious and is less prone to leave his feet lately. Kompany and Mangala are our best CB pairing for me atm.

Very important player for us, shows a lot of commitment and desire every time he's on the pitch for us, i really lke him.

I've always rated him, but I'm starting to feel relieved when he's in the team. He's growing into an important player for us, people will dispute that but fuck them.

I've always rated Eli too. And like you, I am happier when I see his name in the starting XI.

I cannot tell you how relieved I was when I read on Friday that he was fit to face the Barcodes.

Considered by many an expensive flop after his first season for Manchester City, Eliaquim Mangala’s start to the new season has seen the French defender up his game to become a regular starter for the Premier League club.
Bought from FC Porto for a fee of around €50m, Mangala has so far played in every game he has been fit for and has gone a long way to prove those who doubted him wrong.
Now a professional footballer at one of the strongest teams in the Premier League, the French defender’s life wasn’t always this good, especially when he was younger.
Mangala’s brother, Daniel, was paralysed at the age of seven when, having just gone in an underground car park to retrieve his wayward football, the car park door suddenly shut down on top of him, compressing his rib cage and cutting off the flow of oxygen to his brain.
Daniel would end up completely paralysed, unable to walk or talk ever again. Eliaquim was one at the time.
Opening up to French magazine So Foot, the Manchester City defender recalls what it was like growing up with Daniel, with whom he tries to spend as much time as possible.
He said: “I only have memories of him handicapped. None from before the accident. It’s like with babies, they have extremely expressive faces, he has his body language.
“One look, one smile, one grimace, and you understand them. When I go home and talk to him, I see his eyes widen, his smile. Daniel can move his head slightly, and depending, I know if he’s happy or not and you see straight away if what you’re saying interests him or not.”
He added: “Since I started playing football, I feel like a force is carrying me, I play for two people. Without his accident, he [Daniel] could’ve gone pro, or if not, he would’ve played for a while. When I’m on the pitch, it isn’t just for me, it’s also for him.”
Starting his professional career at Standard Liege in Belgium, where his mother moved to put Daniel in a centre adapted for his needs, Mangala won his first cap for France in June 2013 in a friendly against Uruguay.

I have time for this guy and want to see him succeed here.
His positioning is suspect especially when playing with lads he's not had much time with but give him time, he'll be worth it and dispel the hate he's recieved so far.
He'll play outstanding for most of the match, making great tackles, retriving the ball quickly and shutting down channels, but then make one fucking cock up like slipping or something and he's signalled out as being a big flop.

he starts today ! will be positive .....hope he has a cracking game !

and comes back fit !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.