Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are at least 3 that are to blame for their goal yesterday before Mangala. I thought he was the best of the back 4, the other 3 did him no favours yesterday. Would always be in my first choice back 4 if everyone is fit.

There are at least 3 that are to blame for their goal yesterday before Mangala. I thought he was the best of the back 4, the other 3 did him no favours yesterday. Would always be in my first choice back 4 if everyone is fit.
Indeed. Still the odd flap but much improved as time goes on and could be the defensive rock in the years to come.

I think thats too simple a statement, and flawed in itself. Take a look at the goal again.

Silva is the wrong side of his player, and lets him run free into the box

Zabaletta fucks up and gives the wide player time and space after commiting.

Otamendi is in no mans land.

Mangala stops the first ball and then moves out to stop the second because he doesn't think his team is reacting (he's watching a player charge through unoppsed, look at what he can see in front of him) and moves out to stop a second shot from that player, which is the correct decision to make. However he gets desperately unlucky in that Fernando appears out of his blindside. He made the right choice in making the initial clearance, and made the right choice when he thought the newcastle player had a free shot on goal to attempt to move to stop.He doen't have time to look around to see what he's teams doing because he's just had to stop a shot and needs to react right now.

Kolarovs also just stood about watching too :P

What I'm trying to say is was a team fuck up, not Mangala alone fucking up. If anything, he made the best out of a shit situation the rest of his team put him in.

Exactly as I saw it
He was the only one who reacted to the danger and was let down by those around him

Yesterday is a prime is a prime example of why that comment is flawed; Mangala's lack of positional intelligence and opposition awareness directly cost us another goal, but we didn't lose because he has some top-quality teammates who can bail him out at league level.

31 league games and a handful of losses is the default standard of any team that finishes in the top 3. Don't imply that without Mangala that figure would have been dramatically worse.

Don't know which game you were at yesterday, but that is nonsense.

I think thats too simple a statement, and flawed in itself. Take a look at the goal again.

Silva is the wrong side of his player, and lets him run free into the box

Zabaletta fucks up and gives the wide player time and space after commiting.

Otamendi is in no mans land.

Mangala stops the first ball and then moves out to stop the second because he doesn't think his team is reacting (he's watching a player charge through unoppsed, look at what he can see in front of him) and moves out to stop a second shot from that player, which is the correct decision to make. However he gets desperately unlucky in that Fernando appears out of his blindside. He made the right choice in making the initial clearance, and made the right choice when he thought the newcastle player had a free shot on goal to attempt to move to stop.He doen't have time to look around to see what he's teams doing because he's just had to stop a shot and needs to react right now.

Kolarovs also just stood about watching too :P

What I'm trying to say is was a team fuck up, not Mangala alone fucking up. If anything, he made the best out of a shit situation the rest of his team put him in.

This will bells on.
He digs those around him out of the shit very frequently.
As I say he steps up into the space that YaYa leaves behind him (not yesterday obviously) and gets back quickly to stop players getting round Kolarov.

This will bells on.
He digs those around him out of the shit very frequently.
As I say he steps up into the space that YaYa leaves behind him (not yesterday obviously) and gets back quickly to stop players getting round Kolarov.

I feel sorry for him having to watch Kolorov's back all game.

Exactly as I saw it
He was the only one who reacted to the danger and was let down by those around him
Can't believe anyone is blaming Mangala for that goal. He made up ground from his position to cover where Otamendi should have been. He made the tackle and would have had to be Superman to get off the deck and run 5-6 metres to stop their striker from scoring. As already mentioned, Mangala was by far the best of an average bunch yesterday.

Can't believe anyone is blaming Mangala for that goal. He made up ground from his position to cover where Otamendi should have been. He made the tackle and would have had to be Superman to get off the deck and run 5-6 metres to stop their striker from scoring. As already mentioned, Mangala was by far the best of an average bunch yesterday.
Mangala is still a hate figure for some, like Navas, Kolarov, Dzeko and now Sterling, regardless how they play in a game they're crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.