Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon after a few more games Mangala and Otamendi will be as good a partnership as Mangala and Kompany. The main problem with all the combinations is that they have no time to play together before injury disrupts their rhythm.

To be fair, Eli and Nic played together at Porto, so there's no excuse on that score for them not knowing each other.

The Mangler had another good game yesterday and I thought the criticism levelled at him on MotD over Newcastle's goal was unjustified. He cleared the initial cross, but none of our other player reacted fast enough to snuff out the danger.

Apart from that and the unnecessary booking, I thought he was excellent.

To be fair, Eli and Nic played together at Porto, so there's no excuse on that score for them not knowing each other.

The Mangler had another good game yesterday and I thought the criticism levelled at him on MotD over Newcastle's goal was unjustified. He cleared the initial cross, but none of our other player reacted fast enough to snuff out the danger.

Apart from that and the unnecessary booking, I thought he was excellent.

MOTD was a joke last night. Shearer was as bitter as I've ever seen him. Wrote of half our goals as "flukes" and massively bogged up newcastles performance in the first half.

That's 31 league appearances I believe now...... We've lost a grand total of...... Use one hand and apply..

He isn't easy on the eye, cultured or overly aggressive, however, he's a melting pot of more positives than negatives... The win %? this isn't a fluke, he's getting better and more assured every game.

He reminds me so much of a cross between desailly and thuram, I also think he'll get to that level, which obviously means we have a cracking player on our hands!!!)

That's 31 league appearances I believe now...... We've lost a grand total of...... Use one hand and apply..

He isn't easy on the eye, cultured or overly aggressive, however, he's a melting pot of more positives than negatives... The win %? this isn't a fluke, he's getting better and more assured every game.

He reminds me so much of a cross between desailly and thuram, I also think he'll get to that level, which obviously means we have a cracking player on our hands!!!)

I know we haven't lost many with him in the side, just out of curiously how many have we lost?

Yesterday is a prime is a prime example of why that comment is flawed; Mangala's lack of positional intelligence and opposition awareness directly cost us another goal, but we didn't lose because he has some top-quality teammates who can bail him out at league level.

31 league games and a handful of losses is the default standard of any team that finishes in the top 3. Don't imply that without Mangala that figure would have been dramatically worse.

Agreed it isn't a coincidence

Yesterday is a prime is a prime example of why that comment is flawed; Mangala's lack of positional intelligence and opposition awareness directly cost us another goal, but we didn't lose because he has some top-quality teammates who can bail him out at league level.

31 league games and a handful of losses is the default standard of any team that finishes in the top 3. Don't imply that without Mangala that figure would have been dramatically worse.

No the defence looked great last week

I think thats too simple a statement, and flawed in itself. Take a look at the goal again.

Silva is the wrong side of his player, and lets him run free into the box

Zabaletta fucks up and gives the wide player time and space after commiting.

Otamendi is in no mans land.

Mangala stops the first ball and then moves out to stop the second because he doesn't think his team is reacting (he's watching a player charge through unoppsed, look at what he can see in front of him) and moves out to stop a second shot from that player, which is the correct decision to make. However he gets desperately unlucky in that Fernando appears out of his blindside. He made the right choice in making the initial clearance, and made the right choice when he thought the newcastle player had a free shot on goal to attempt to move to stop.He doen't have time to look around to see what he's teams doing because he's just had to stop a shot and needs to react right now.

Kolarovs also just stood about watching too :P

What I'm trying to say is was a team fuck up, not Mangala alone fucking up. If anything, he made the best out of a shit situation the rest of his team put him in.

No, the goal was a fault of zab's rushing out but hey ho, you see what you see.... Like applying negatives, consistently, rather than dealing with facts..... The point, which was obviously lost on your ikkle brain, is we struggle without kompany, with this kid, who is derided as being mediocre by some, we gain results, a clear sign of......

And I'll imply what I like dicklick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.