Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we went out and spend £28m on Otamendi a year after spending £32m on Mangala suggests that someone at the club thinks it was a mistake to buy him. Or at the very least, he needs more time. But let's remember, he's 24 years old, not some 20 year old kid. He's had games where he's been immense for us, but he needs to start showing it more consistently to justify a world class price tag. Having said that, I'm not going to crucify him on the basis of this game, because the entire team was pathetic without the ball.

One of the worst defenders I've seen in awhile at City. I'm appalled we spend 32m on him.

He didnt have a good game as he was being pulled all over the pitch.He was brought in from the cold playing alongside a lad whose best days were some time ago and another who continues to steal a living as a left back.I dont think that back 4 has ever played together either which was hardly ideal given the expected onslaught from the dippers,add the fact Pellegrini hung him out to dry further by playing a central midfield that was never going to dominate and lacked any meaningful protection and that shameful outcome was inevitable.Mangala is an excellent centre half but when his manager employs him in such a scenario the lad never stood a chance.

He didnt have a good game as he was being pulled all over the pitch.He was brought in from the cold playing alongside a lad whose best days were some time ago and another who continues to steal a living as a left back.I dont think that back 4 has ever played together either which was hardly ideal given the expected onslaught from the dippers,add the fact Pellegrini hung him out to dry further by playing a central midfield that was never going to dominate and lacked any meaningful protection and that shameful outcome was inevitable.Mangala is an excellent centre half but when his manager employs him in such a scenario the lad never stood a chance.

Your excuses don't hide the fact that he is worse on the ball than Lescott. In fact he is worse at everything than Lescott.

The decision to keep him and send denhyer out on loan is looking even more baffling. Mind you, the tactics by pellers destroyed him yesterday. Mangala is a good marker, but with players running at him is a major weakness. Pellers should have known this. The lad never stood a chance.

His head was in Paris and i can't blame him for that

It's just a game of football
Possibly the only sensible comment here.
Take a player who was a rock for us for 2-3 months, drop him, bring him back after an enforced absence just when he might not be in the right frame of mind.
Pair him with the weakest, slowest, ageing defender we have despite having ottamendi, and give him no cover at all in midfield, so that he is fully exposed at his weakest point, which is covering multiple runners coming at him.
What could go wrong.

Can't moan at any defenders for yesterday. The manager provided them with no midfield in front of them so we're just left to face an onslaught of attacks.

gets a get out of jail card from me, shouldn't have been picked for obvious reasons, blame the manager for that

One of the worst defenders I've seen in awhile at City. I'm appalled we spend 32m on him.
You would not have said that before he lost his place to Otamendi.

Oddly enough at the end of last season Demichelis and Mangala were good together and alongside Kompany at the start of this our defence was as good as it has ever been. Otamemdi and Kompany look a great partnership if Kompany can ever sort his calf injury out.

The problem we have at City is that certain players like Mangala and Bony can't play enough games because otamendi and Aguero are so good they have to play so when we do call on them their game has slipped. It's a bit like Cabellero and Hart. Ferguson did it by playing all his squad layers regularly in the games at home that he reckoned he could win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.