Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was good last night and he did his job as a defender very well. Yeah he made a couple of misplaced passes early on but he also made some very good ones too. No worries for me if he plays against Chelsea

Is there a better centre back then Mangala at dealing with big lumpy old fashioned numbers 9's like Costa, Lambert, Carroll etc etc? The bloke is a beast. For him to be effective he needs to be in a fight during the game imo.

Looked really solid last night. Won his personal battles with relative ease and dominated Lambert physically which is no small thing.

His positioning is better than Vinnie's at the moment and I like that he has the confidence to always look for a forward pass rather than the simpler sideways option.

I think he'll be a towering force in our defence this season. Great start.

His debut against Costa and the Chavs last season was his best performance to date, so he knows he has nothing to fear. Him and Vincent need to bully Costa like they did last season.
No fears for him now.

Agree with all but is this his problem. Is he only able to deal with big guys like this? How do you imagine he gets on against Aguero in training?

He was good last night, let's hope he can put out the same performance against Chelsea, and in particular Costa like he did last season at home!

In fairness, what defenders can deal with Sergio?

Ok then to Sanchez. Not digging at him just find it difficult to understand how one game he is brilliant and another average or worse. Maybe it was just a first season thing. Anyway hes a fucking beast and will have Costa in his back pocket again

Ok then to Sanchez. Not digging at him just find it difficult to understand how one game he is brilliant and another average or worse. Maybe it was just a first season thing. Anyway hes a fucking beast and will have Costa in his back pocket again

But he's 'not average or worse'. We only lost two league games that he started last season; West Ham and the candle wavers, both away.

You're believing the media bollocks too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.