Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is so inconsistent, sometimes great and bullies the striker, others completely disorganized. I still think he can be good.

Mangala is at his best when he is occupied by a striker, eg Costa in his first game v Chelsea.

When we are on top in games and he spends most of it just drifting around he is poor, because all of a sudden he has a Shane Long or someone else counter attacking him he struggles as he is forced into a decision in a split second, its why he is giving away silly free kicks and fouls around the box because he feels he has to force the challenge and try and make up for being turned by a striker or because there is no one else covering he "takes one for the team".

Age isn't really an excuse nor his experience but I can see a good CB in there, there is a language issue between him and Otamendi so that partnership will take time. Otamendi also plays on the front foot all the time and if he makes a mistake then all of a sudden there can be 2 or 3 players flying at Mangala. Our lack of midfield cover often leaves him horribly exposed. Playing with Kolarov doesn't help either!

Kompany and Mangala was solid at the start of the season because I feel that Kompany coaches him through games and keeps him alert. Alongside Otamendi or Demi he falls asleep.

Why Manga why are you making it so hard :( He had a headstart on Gomis, yet he allowed him to outpace him. Why wouldnt you run straight rather than diagonally? He needs to go on loan and probably come back a giant! Hope we give a fight for Stones.

Awful yet again. He's supposed to be the strong pacey defender and gets completely destroyed by Gomis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.