Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but he set's the tone for pressing & winning back the ball back high up the field. You need energy in midfield & it's good to have someone else who has that with Dinho'. He may have the time's where his quality isn't quite at the level of the rest but I think that will come over time.

When he was at Villa & made the England squad I was critical that he wasn't good enough, I am more than happy to admit to I was wrong having watched more closely since he joined, he's a great addition to our squad & team & will have a big role to play this season, keep it up Fabian!

Its the attitude that really matters. The likes of Navas and Delph arn't our best players technically but they won't hide and they will be everywhere. We have been lacking a few of them in our squad and to be honest we still need a few who risk everything on the pitch.

Bringing some more 'legs' to the midfield which is exactly what we need. When Milner joined he was similar to Delph, a lot of workrate and running but not technically fantastic. I think Milner improved ten fold when he was here in that respect, hardly surprising when you are training with Toure, Silva and Nasri etc. I hope Delph can do the same.

Bargain.

Hold him culpable for the second goal ahead of Mangala.

Obvious pass on to a free Fernandinho in the centre circle, take a touch, a play that parallel short pass and we're away hitting Arsenal on the break.

His first touch is shit, panics from some pressing from Arsenal, and then plays it back to Mangala who was under pressure and tried picking out the pass to Fern that Delph fucking should've, but executes it terribly.

We all know Mangala is looking wobbly as fuck at the moment, and real questions need to be asked, but it all began from Delph, and that shouldn't be overlooked.

Really don't think he belongs at this level. All he brings is some decent covering and pressing.

He's an English Gelson Fernandes who also happens to be made out of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.