Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has impressed me about Delph is his leadership skills. He is constantly talking to other players and telling them what to do.

I know he was the captain at Villa but now he is playing with much better players and that hasn't fazed him at all. He plays like he belongs at this level and that is a brilliant asset for a player to have. Compare that with Sinclair who always looked scared and overawed when he played for us.

£8 million for Delph was a steal and he will go on to be a top signing for us just like Barry and Milner were.

His specific type of leadership is the exact type we have been missing.

On saturday we were having a lot of good possession, but attacks weren't getting anywhere, and we just needed someone to take it upon themselves to be the person to make something happen. Delph did that, scored, and after that we owned the game.

If he hadn't done that, I feel the game could have ended up like the Everton game, with tons of possession and very few ideas.

Yaya used to do it for us, just pick the ball up around halfway and decide he was going to make something happen, but at his age he can't do it any more. Delph can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.