Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't his first season in this league.

It didn't take the likes of Rodwell or Sinclair more games or an entire season before it hit home that they weren't good enough. They've now left, gotten runs of games for their new teams and have done nothing.

We obviously have different definitions of what constitutes 'decent', fair enough. He's done nothing other than run about a bit, and offers little more. If anything your post has proven mine.

I'm not writing him off after what I've seen from him this season, I've felt from the get go he's never been good enough.

and ? rod well and sinclair have nothing to do with delph. he's been as good as fernando and barry for me, a good solid player for us. my post hasn't proven anything, i said he's not world class which is isn't, doesn't make him a bad player.

if you felt from the get go as soon as we bought him that he wasn't good enough then he didn't really have much hope of ever impressing you. sounds like it doesn't matter what he does because you already have the perceived idea he's shit.

and ? rod well and sinclair have nothing to do with delph. he's been as good as fernando and barry for me, a good solid player for us. my post hasn't proven anything, i said he's not world class which is isn't, doesn't make him a bad player.

if you felt from the get go as soon as we bought him that he wasn't good enough then he didn't really have much hope of ever impressing you. sounds like it doesn't matter what he does because you already have the perceived idea he's shit.
he's done nothing to merit a rethink. Again, if anything people are trying to see things that aren't there simply because he plays for us now and not Villa.
He's bang average and we got what we paid for, I don't expect him to be world class. I'll just call a spade a spade and Delph a bang average player.

To say he's been as good as Barry at this point is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous and certainly proves my point. Barry made our midfield look silly last night.

Delph is as good as Barry? Are you joking? Delph has been turgid when he's played, he has stamina, that's it.

He's bang average and we got what we paid for, I don't expect him to be world class. I'll just call a spade a spade and Delph a bang average player.

To say he's been as good as Barry at this point is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous and certainly proves my point. Barry made our midfield look silly last night.

its not ridiculous at all. theres no point in trying to change your mind as you say even before we bought him you didn't think he was good.

its not ridiculous at all. theres no point in trying to change your mind as you say even before we bought him you didn't think he was good.
He has ample time to change my mind but up to now he's done fuck all to merit a change of opinion. So reading how he's been good and adds something to the team is bewildering, as he hasn't and he doesn't.

And yes, your comment was ridiculous. Delph's not fit to tie Barry's boots, literally, he'd probably pull his back bending over.

Our midfield makes our midfield look silly! Put a dog shit player up against us at the moment and they'd run us ragged!

Hard to judge at the moment, given how poorly pretty much everyone is playing.

Said it when he joined that his passing was sloppy. Don't see how he'll fit in to a Pep squad as he's not a Busquets, Alonso, Kroos type player who will dictate play and he's certainly not a creative goal scoring flair player like Iniesta, Fabregas, Gotze type. I'd imagine we'll keep Fernandinho and Yaya then buy a player that will dictate the game and get the play forward without lumping it forward(Gundogan would be my guess, I also wouldn't rule out Thiago)

Delph is as good as Barry? Are you joking? Delph has been turgid when he's played, he has stamina, that's it.

I like Delph, having characters like that around the squad can be decisive and having him deeper in midfield with Fernandinho without Yaya should be something we look at more often, but he's nowhere near Gareth Barry's level, and never can be.

I said it earlier in the season and the more I've seen of him the more I feel vindicated in it; the only way he can establish himself as a regular for a club like us is if he evolves into a leftback. He's tenacious, mobile, has bags of stamina and would get even more time on the ball in that position to utilise his decent left foot.

Leftback is a problem position for us and Delph could make it his own this season; it'd potentially be career-defining transition for him as his potential ceiling as a defender is much higher than that of him as a midfielder, something Kompany and Zabaleta had to embrace to their own benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.