Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the same about Milner.......wish we still had him as well. Silva, De Bruyne, Toure and to an extent Aguero are great when we are on top but you have to earn the right to play the slick football. For some time now we have not been prepared to earn that right. No wonder we are changing the badge......"Pride in Battle" my arse.

People talk about the likes of Mangala and how once posters have an opinion on them it sticks, no matter how they play; the case with Mangala is people tend to hold a negative view and ignore the positives to suit their stance.

Delph is the opposite. So many pinned their colours to the mast and stated he'd be a bargain. That he could come in here from a poor team and fit right in and be the springboard for a team competing on 4 fronts. Well he's not, he's bang average to be nice to him, always has been.

People talk about the likes of Mangala and how once posters have an opinion on them it sticks, no matter how they play; the case with Mangala is people tend to hold a negative view and ignore the positives to suit their stance.

Delph is the opposite. So many pinned their colours to the mast and stated he'd be a bargain. That he could come in here from a poor team and fit right in and be the springboard for a team competing on 4 fronts. Well he's not, he's bang average to be nice to him, always has been.

Agreed. We never look like a threat when he is on the pitch and he doesn't help stop the goals going in at the other end either. Average player.

Needs proper run of games maybe but other than trying hard which should be a given don't really know what he is going to add other than being a better player than Fernando though there are lads playing semi pro better than that turd.

Agreed. We never look like a threat when he is on the pitch and he doesn't help stop the goals going in at the other end either. Average player.

Obviously last night was almost a complete shambles, and I know Delph will never be a great player and maybe never as good as Milner or Barry (better to compare to Barry as both centre mids) but he could have been worse last night. And my god there was worse! He applies himself well and rarely gives the ball away, quite involved and seems to run and get into ok positions when silva etc are being double marked, if he was able to take the next step and be a threat by running on goal with the ball and putting the odd shot in, I think we could have that bargain. But it is early days for him at city, and we've got to give him more than a handful of games before we cast him aside.

Obviously last night was almost a complete shambles, and I know Delph will never be a great player and maybe never as good as Milner or Barry (better to compare to Barry as both centre mids) but he could have been worse last night. And my god there was worse! He applies himself well and rarely gives the ball away, quite involved and seems to run and get into ok positions when silva etc are being double marked, if he was able to take the next step and be a threat by running on goal with the ball and putting the odd shot in, I think we could have that bargain. But it is early days for him at city, and we've got to give him more than a handful of games before we cast him aside.
He has zero vision, makes Fernando's passing seem adventerous and a touch to make Bony's look like Messi. When Walcott runs about he's labelled a headless chicken, forever and always but ones on here, but when Delph does it it's energy and passion and he's "applying himself".

Fernando, who many deride (with fair reason) was hailed as the cornerstone to a brick wall when he joined; "Fernando and Dinho infront of the back four, wow good luck everybody else"... Yeah, no. The same happened with Delph's signing and still is, blue tinted specs out the wazoo.

He has zero vision, makes Fernando's passing seem adventerous and a touch to make Bony's look like Messi. When Walcott runs about he's labelled a headless chicken, forever and always but ones on here, but when Delph does it it's energy and passion and he's "applying himself".

Fernando, who many deride (with fair reason) was hailed as the cornerstone to a brick wall when he joined; "Fernando and Dinho infront of the back four, wow good luck everybody else"... Yeah, no. The same happened with Delph's signing and still is, blue tinted specs out the wazoo.

I know what you mean, because he hasn't done anything of note yet but I think thats just because we haven't really seen him yet for city, and I'm gonna reserve judgement for now. The villa fans loved him and now hate him for leaving them, and I can't imagine they would have such a strong opinion if he was average. And I know, good for villa might be average for city, but as said we will find that out in time.

That first 45 minutes was the calmest and most assured I've seen our back four in a while because there was always pressure on the ball, not once did Otamendi or Mangala have to step out of defence to cover a midfielders fuck up. Mangala got caught once when Lukaku got in behind him but that was his mistake, not Fernandinho or Delph's. The goal was a set piece and just one of those things but Delph was everywhere, making runs behind the strikers when De Bruyne played him in to covering Clichy at left back. He's happy to carry the ball forward and although he's not got the technical ability of someone like Yaya, he's far better for the balance of our team than Yaya.

They were both excellent and if they'd had Silva's movement in front of them instead of that Yaya shaped traffic cone we would have been absolutely fine last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.