Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm by no means an ITK, but following up on several mentions yesterday that the lad had failed his medical last week, I've been told that it is true that he did indeed fail "our" medical, but that our medicals demand a much higher standard than other clubs.

Essentially, he met the standard that most clubs would demand, and it is in fact city who have had the change of heart, deciding to take a punt on an £8m signing who only "failed" by a fine margin.

Don't shoot the messenger, as I say, I'm just passing on what I've been told.

Since when are medicals pass or fail? They are just so the club knows more about the player, and clubs often buy injured and unfit players.

I don't rate Delph incredibly high but that's a steal for 8m, whatever happened to English premium?! Shaw 28m, Jones 20m, Lescott 24m, Milner 24m, Henderson 20m.

People have laughed at the Sterling fee but the Delph one is excellent. Did he have a clause in his contract for it to be cheaper? If I were Villa I'd have have asked for at least 15m.

Better signing than the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair that's for sure. 55m for two exciting English talent is not bad business

I loathe how the likes of some fans of other clubs belittle City as if we're the crap on their shoe. I make a point of never deliberately doing it to other fans. It's a near lottery what happens to our clubs over the course of a lifetime, owners come and go and fortunes change. Right now, Villa are having a time of it, but it's nowhere near the bad times we went through. They've also have some pretty incredible highs in their lifetime too.
There but for the grace of God go we...

Fantastic player. Villa's best.
Best English central midfielder with the possible exception of Wilshire.
Even then it really is touch and go.
Like Milner he really is a duracell bunny.
Will do really well for us.

I don't rate Delph incredibly high but that's a steal for 8m, whatever happened to English premium?! Shaw 28m, Jones 20m, Lescott 24m, Milner 24m, Henderson 20m.

People have laughed at the Sterling fee but the Delph one is excellent. Did he have a clause in his contract for it to be cheaper? If I were Villa I'd have have asked for at least 15m.

Better signing than the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair that's for sure. 55m for two exciting English talent is not bad business

Delph had a buy out clause of £8m if a Champions League club came in for him, something i'm sure he asked for but Villa should of negotiated a higher fee with Delph when he signed a new contract.

The most important thing Delph will offer in midfield is legs, Sky tweeted this yesterday, assuming its accurate this is a big improvement in our midfield.

CKI3plpUwAARYb_.png:large

Delph had a buy out clause of £8m if a Champions League club came in for him, something i'm sure he asked for but Villa should of negotiated a higher fee with Delph when he signed a new contract.
But then,in all probability,he would have said 'no,i'll leave on a free instead'.

A contract is a two way street.
For all we know, Delph may not have signed an extension with Villa without that clause. It's not like one side can arbitrarily insert a clause. At the end of the day a contract is a mutual agreement, so Villa and Delph were both happy with that arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.