Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Villa fans are so up in arms about Delph leaving them.

If he had not signed the new contract back in January, he would have left for nothing this summer. Instead he signed and made the club £8m.

If he had not signed the new contract back in January, he would have left for nothing this summer. Instead he signed and made the club £8m.

I think it's more to do with him saying he was staying at villa the week before he signed for us haha!

When he joined them from Leeds he was ambitious. When he left them for us he was a snake.

Just bog-standard football hypocrisy. He didn't help himself by giving them a little patch of moral high ground to triumphantly occupy,by saying he was staying and then leaving. They'd have hated him anyway but now they can gleefully point to that to give a reason for their hypocrisy and to justify it in their own minds.

In general the loudest football fans have the smallest brains.

When he joined them from Leeds he was ambitious. When he left them for us he was a snake.

Just bog-standard football hypocrisy. He didn't help himself by giving them a little patch of moral high ground to triumphantly occupy,by saying he was staying and then leaving. They'd have hated him anyway but now they can gleefully point to that to give a reason for their hypocrisy and to justify it in their own minds.

In general the loudest football fans have the smallest brains.

Didn't Barry get the same treatment? I remember when we all applauded Dunne whilst the villa fans booed Barry, the booing gradually faded once they realised what he was achieving at us.

I agree with Didsbury Dave.
Fans change with the wind, and we're no different really. A player becomes a lot better the moment he joins us, and becomes a lot worse when he leaves.

I've no idea what to make of his transfer 'turn around'. On the one hand, his comments about staying with Villa set him up for a fall, but on the other hand, I have some admiration for someone who can openly change his mind as he did, and perform a u-turn.

Didn't Barry get the same treatment? I remember when we all applauded Dunne whilst the villa fans booed Barry, the booing gradually faded once they realised what he was achieving at us.
Fans are fine if a player is leaving because the club feels he's past it. Then he's always a hero to the fans.
But when a player is leaving in his prime, it's another matter. Fans don't like it much as it's seen as a player snubbing the club in favour of someone else. It's particularly bad when it's a club like Liverpool, Spurs, Villa , Everton etc who still hold a misguided view of their current standing in the game. They can't grasp why a player might leave those clubs.
That said, I think Villa and Everton fans are slowly seeing the reality.

It does I'm afraid. We need to give the east and Colin bell stands a good scrub at the very least. Not sure why people have such a complex and take it so personally over a comment on the cleanliness of a stand but there you go, maybe you can enlighten me on the matter?

I take it I can assume from your typically bluemoon pleb of a response that all this crying and calls of bans from the etihad is over the pic of the broken snake then!?

The problem is, at least for me, is that as a sports commentator with a huge listening audience he has revelled in the injury of a man city player. He can do what he wants in private but he used a public platform which he got from broadcasting to publically demonise a player, then he's expected to field questions about him in a balanced, impartial manner? Had he done this to a spurs/everton/scum/arsenal player I'd be saying the same. Showing loyalty to your own team isn't a problem, its when you publically mock players for getting an injury and then are expected to give balanced views later that day.

I agree with Didsbury Dave.
Fans change with the wind, and we're no different really. A player becomes a lot better the moment he joins us, and becomes a lot worse when he leaves.

I've no idea what to make of his transfer 'turn around'. On the one hand, his comments about staying with Villa set him up for a fall, but on the other hand, I have some admiration for someone who can openly change his mind as he did, and perform a u-turn.

We are definitely no different in the main, that's why you won't get me doing that daft "Villa fans are all wankers" generalisation stuff. Sturridge gets abused, chants of "One greedy bastard" etc, and there's this myth which has become reality in everyone's mind that he demanded £60K a week. From what I was told City didn't offer hima new contract because we had doubts about his attitude. That's why he moved on. Distin got abuse for no apparent reason either. he was a great player who fancied a change for personal reasons, and we were a pretty shit team and club at the time.

I think Delph's u-turn took some balls, and I think City should take great credit for leaving the door open for him to do it, perhaps even continuing the "selling job" on him.

We are definitely no different in the main, that's why you won't get me doing that daft "Villa fans are all wankers" generalisation stuff. Sturridge gets abused, chants of "One greedy bastard" etc, and there's this myth which has become reality in everyone's mind that he demanded £60K a week. From what I was told City didn't offer hima new contract because we had doubts about his attitude. That's why he moved on. Distin got abuse for no apparent reason either. he was a great player who fancied a change for personal reasons, and we were a pretty shit team and club at the time.

I think Delph's u-turn took some balls, and I think City should take great credit for leaving the door open for him to do it, perhaps even continuing the "selling job" on him.

Sturridge and Distin are the only ones I remember getting booed....... oh and Joey Barton but I think that was just on the basis of him being a **** more than leaving us, actually I think a lot of fans were happy when he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.