Player Topic: Fernandinho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando's role became redundant the minute we went 1-0 down (let alone 2), and started having to chase the game rather than protect our goal.
Personally I'd have stuck Delph in Fernando's spot and moved Fernando into Demi's, given that he spent most of the game chasing in behind Demi anyway. Like I said, it was a pointless substitution as it did nothing to the shape of the team

Just maybe its not the he doesn't rate him at all, but that he's managing him, knowing that he's going to be needed for 90 minutes on Tuesday night, just maybe he's also carrying a knock, and is being nurtured through it ?

If we were trying to manage him, then on Tuesday we'd have played Garcia instead? He's played a ridiculous amount of football and needs a few games off.

Fernandinho has been our best player this season. Yet he's left out of the side strangely at home to Liverpool and is taken off when we're supposedly chasing the game today.

What's Pellegrini thinking of? Does he just think he's some average squad player or something?

If we were trying to manage him, then on Tuesday we'd have played Garcia instead?
Why ? We need to win on Tuesday, so we'll need our best players available, and with all respect to Garcia, he isn't one of them.

With this injury crisis we're probably managing all our best players in some way or other, nobody on here knows who's fully fit and who isn't. Just a look at our bench should tell you all you need to know.

I've not seen enough of Garcia to know if he's good enough or not, but the little I have, would suggest he's miles away. I expect Delph still isn't ready for two games a week, so benched today, so that he can play a part on Tuesday.

What we need above all else is a bit of luck on the injury front, and to get back to a settled team.

His best games are always alongside Yaya. Although I was surprised he was subbed before Fernando

Fernandinho has been our best player this season. Yet he's left out of the side strangely at home to Liverpool and is taken off when we're supposedly chasing the game today.

What's Pellegrini thinking of? Does he just think he's some average squad player or something?

Was having a shocker and looked knackered (granted no worse than Fernando).

Watching the game back, and he was every where. Managed to play right wing on occasions too.

He must not be dropped again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.