Player Topic: Fernando (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly the worst performance by a city player in years and when the going got tougher he wanted out, convenient muscle injury - Fact is we played better with 10 men and that tells you all you need to know about him. The decision to take Fernandinho off was laughable at least he doesn't hide and even when having a bad game, tries. Bony and Fernando should be ashamed today but I doubt it.

I enjoyed the brief respite from him being terrible, but yesterday he went back to his old standards (and probably far, far below them actually.

Problem is though, Pellegrini fucking loves him.

Very poor yesterday (and also against Liverpool, but I won't blame him for that particularly). On one hand, you wouldn't expect world-beater performances from a 12m signing these days, but at the same time, a DM's job is quite simple and as he has all the capabilities in my opinion to succeed there, yet he cannot get consistent enough. Part of the problem is, he simply doesn't foul enough. On both occasions when Shaqiri got the better of him quite easily, he could easily just kick him out for a yellow. Both situations weren't even that close to our goal, so a following free kick would've been a smaller issue to solve, then leaving our whole defence wide open.

Not enough tackles, and not enough fouls for a DM. Fernandinho seems at the moment like a better fit for that position, and it's not even his best position.

Quite possibly the worst performance by a city player in years and when the going got tougher he wanted out, convenient muscle injury - Fact is we played better with 10 men and that tells you all you need to know about him. The decision to take Fernandinho off was laughable at least he doesn't hide and even when having a bad game, tries. Bony and Fernando should be ashamed today but I doubt it.

He did a hammy as is showing again we have a poor record of keeping players injury free ( I think its his third longish term injury now since he joined ) so to do better we have to replace him with a player who manages his body better and does the job he is asked to do better than he can.

Not sure if we orchestrated it himself on purpose mind you but he doesn't know how to tackle without placing himself in difficult positions and placing undue stress on his soft tissues in his leg.

A bit like VK in truth.

Our defensive midfield was shocking yesterday.

We seem to do better when we have three but for time being we only have two available unless we bring in a youngster or play MDM further up the field.

As for wanting out the game was as good as over before we kicked off and when we conceded after 6 minutes kicking with a gale it was game over as they say so Fernando was one of many whose attitude was poor on the day.

He did a hammy as is showing again we have a poor record of keeping players injury free ( I think its his third longish term injury now since he joined ) so to do better we have to replace him with a player who manages his body better and does the job he is asked to do better than he can.

Not sure if we orchestrated it himself on purpose mind you but he doesn't know how to tackle without placing himself in difficult positions and placing undue stress on his soft tissues in his leg.

A bit like VK in truth.

Our defensive midfield was shocking yesterday.

We seem to do better when we have three but for time being we only have two available unless we bring in a youngster or play MDM further up the field.

As for wanting out the game was as good as over before we kicked off and when we conceded after 6 minutes kicking with a gale it was game over as they say so Fernando was one of many whose attitude was poor on the day.

Interesting that we have so many muscle injuries - often like yesterday, happening during games when muscles should be warm. Do you think that our players base fitness is not at the level it should be? Or, is it as you suggest poor technique in tackles? I have a sneaking suspicion that it maybe down to harder pitches i.e. no mud and thin grass mixed with a sand base - Other clubs like Arsenal seem to have the same issues.

Either way I can always forgive players being off form, but there were a few yesterday who didn't put the effort in - for the third or fourth game this year!

Still think our fullbacks are a major problem compare how many crosses we let come in compared to how many we are allowed to put in.

Lets hope we all feel better in a week or so!

If he's injured then what to people want him to do? The game was gone, I'd rather him not try and play on, with the risk of aggravating it.

No way should a player just walk off the pitch, away from home when you are losing a game 2-0 and leave your team mates a man down when you have pulled a muscle, not lost a fucking arm or something far more serious.

Cowardly and unprofessional yesterday.

Once again I got hammered on here pre-match when I called Manuel out on his decision making. I'm afraid Fernando proved me right again, and I'm fed up of being right when I call Manuel out. I want Manuel to make the right decisions, I don't want to have to call him out.

I'm fucking sick of it.

Once again I got hammered on here pre-match when I called Manuel out on his decision making. I'm afraid Fernando proved me right again, and I'm fed up of being right when I call Manuel out. I want Manuel to make the right decisions, I don't want to have to call him out.

I'm fucking sick of it.

The worrying thing is, he's shown no indication in the past that he will have an epiphany and change it. The only changes he makes to his baffling tactics is when his hand is forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.