Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Looking like he has a point to prove which isn't a bad thing, not like Mc Manaman/Fowler/ etc who were way past it when they joined us.

Brendan110_0 said:
Looking like he has a point to prove which isn't a bad thing, not like Mc Manaman/Fowler/ etc who were way past it when they joined us.
fowler wasn't great ,but macanoynamce,dear me ,now he was a c**T

pudge said:
If it really is a case of Lampard always having been our player then NYCFC fans are merely acting like spoiled brats who are annoyed at having to wait until Christmas for Santa to bring them their shiny new toy, that they've done fuck all to deserve.
Was there ever any official confirmation that Lampard was ever a NYCFC player or was it all hearsay and conjecture. I would have thought that the fact he has a contract with us would preclude him having a contract with any other club running concurrently. It seems to me that he was given a short term contract with us with a view to sending him to NYCFC at the beginning of the MLS season. If that is the case then NYCFC fans are just complaining about us taking a player from them that they never had in the first place.

What if we buy Robinho back and send him to NYCFC instead, all their fans want is a player who use to be 'world class/recognised'.

Super Frank is still World Class, keep him till he's 40 I say.

We haven't heard the last of it now we're back in the title race though. Mourinho and Media will drag this out.

We've got a Cockney, he's called Frank.

Damocles said:
The perfect fumble said:
And here we are, god knows how many pages later, still discussing it and while most posts are still "f**k em and forget em" there are those, while happy Frank is staying, and I'm one of them I'm very happy, think something has been lost. I'm not talking about 90% of the media deliberately muddying the waters, babbling on about FFP, sharp practice and Maureens bleating's, all cobbled together in an incomprehensible mish mash to throw mud at City, that was always going to happen, I'm talking about what the Group was supposed to be as a business and what we are as City fans.

The Group is doing exactly what it was always intended to be as a Group. You just didn't know what that was an built lofty ambitions of New York being this thriving club who City would help build from scratch with little regards to themselves. That isn't what the Group is, not what it was designed to be and not what it ever will be.

Little by little we're becoming something we said we'd never be, we’d never be like the rags, but on this board and in the stands at the Leicester game, a game we barely won (thank you Frank), sections of the crowd were taunting the Leicester fans with chants about them going down, and before anyone says that's football, a number of older fans (and I'm one of them) standing round me were unhappy, realizing that not long ago that was us.

There two clear pieces of bullshit here. I'll start with the second one - City have sung "you're going down" at teams for years, I recall us singing it at Swindon and that must have been about 20 years ago. I'm sure numerous other people have numerous other stories about it, this isn't a change.

Now on to the bigger one. On the internet and in debates in general, there is a very common rule known as Godwin's Law; a simple view is that as any discussion goes on then the likelihood of comparisons to Hitler or Nazism from one side is raised significantly. A more thorough explanation of this is about the usage of hyperbole and inappropriate comparison for people who have nowhere else to go because their point of contention doesn't stand strong enough on its own and instead they have to resort to almost a shock tactic in comparison. By comparing something to the Nazis you automatically shape that person's point, and even the person themselves in man cases, with the brush of Nazi ideals. Some could argue that it's a form of ad hominem though perhaps not explicit enough to warrant it.

Either way, the point is that Godwin's Law refers in most cases to people who now have nowhere else to go that is sensible so instead attempt the ludicrous with the idea that it can close down the debate without them having to reevaluate their position.

City fans use this almost every day on here, so much so that I'm declaring Damwin's Law states that the more longer the thread on here the more likely the sentence "we used to hate the rags for this" will be used. Notice that moomba, EalingBlue and perfectfumble have all used this sentence or a variation of it in the last 15 pages. Notice also that they have all used it once every other point of their was summarily dismissed; this wasn't their opening gambit because it isn't something they are legitimately thinking, instead it's just a throw of desperation. The comparison to the rags is the last refuge of a drowning man surrounded by nothing but sea. Every time I see it now I almost enjoy it because you can translate it into "please stop showing my points to be bollocks so I can leave this argument with some scrap of dignity intact"

One of the NYCFC fans posted on their board that he wanted City fans to chant NYCFC at Frank when we play Sunderland today, that's so naive, it's never going to happen, but you know, I like the idea that he thought we might.

That's not what they actually said though is it?

They said "if you want to earn our respect you'll look after us and chant against Lampard. Nobody wants to earn NYCFC's "respect" because you have to have some respect to give to somebody. They are the laughing stock of the football world and the idea that we'd chant against our own team for them shows exactly what they think football fandom is about and their incredibly self-absorbed attitude.

They think we need to earn their respect. Bless.

Jesus, don't blame this Fumble guy for not bothering to reply, he never stood a chance.

SWP's back said:
The perfect fumble said:
SWP's back said:
Were you startled?

I hear that's bad.

Secondly, "less like the fans we said we'd never be", when exactly did we say all this? I must have missed the initiation ceremony (perhaps myself and GDM weren't invited as it was for real, working class fan etc.

I have never claimed anything. I have always just been "for City" and usually anyone that might stop Utd winning the league in any given year. I don't get this whole "whiter than white" thing that many City fans feel they should aspire to. It's football, and it is a business and it is about winning as many games as you can and having a laugh along the way. I have also been going to City for 25 years and we have always sung about going down. I remember one game when we sang "going down going down going down" (though I can't remember the opposition, and they replied with "so are we so are we so are we". So let's not take the revisionism too far down that road.

I was startled, yes, it was very bad, I had to stop knitting my yoghurt and take a heavy sip of my camomile tea.

Oh yes!! Lets play who's more working class that's good game, I bid my terrace slum in Lower Broughton to your??...Oh please, get real

As for the rest of your post, I can only assume you're still pissed. Chanting you're going down to a team that probably will when your own team is in the shitter is not the same as chanting it when you're Champions, or maybe that's too middle class of me.

This is football, red in tooth and claw, all the time, unrelenting, other teams can f**k right off, you're right, I think we should dive at every opportunity, we should have a loud mouth bombastic manager, or one who shouts profanities at other managers on the touchline, I think the club should maximise its profits with executive boxes at every level and that ticket prices should be at the highest the market will allow.

I think we should use every trick in the book, every underhand method imaginable to get to the top and stay there...F**k it, I think we should just up stumps and move the whole f**ckin thing to West London and get a better demographic, I'm sick of the smell of all those unwashed bodies in the Colin Bell stand.

You're a piece of work.
You're a handwringing old git that just created a huge strawman as you have no point.

Luckily you're very much in the minority.
Sounds a bit like Colin (Manchester United Ruined My Life) Schindler

Chelsea fans talking lovingly about their 'legend'

**** of the highest order, Fuck off Fat Frank.
Judas.

No moral compass, no class.

Fukin fat Pease of shit Lampard. Clad j never got this cunts Jersey. Always new he was a dog ****

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/12029-frank-lampard/page-381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/1202 ... d/page-381</a>

NYCFC announced today the signing of England National Team and Chelsea FC legend Frank Lampard.

New York City FC, Major League Soccer’s 20th expansion team, is thrilled to announce the signing of England National Team and Chelsea FC legend Frank Lampard. One of the most illustrious and respected English Premier League midfielders of all time, Lampard becomes the team’s fourth team member, as the Club continues to assemble a competitive and dynamic squad ahead of its inaugural season next year.

Lampard, whose signing was officially announced at a community event in Brooklyn Bridge Park this morning, brings with him the highest level of football ability and a wealth of experience to the new franchise which makes its debut in March 2015.

Season tickets to see Frank Lampard and New York City FC’s inaugural season in MLS are on sale now. Call 855-77-NYCFC or visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/tickets</a> to order online.

Fans can also purchase their exclusive Frank Lampard New York City FC shirt at nycfc.com/shop, limited supplies are available.

No wonder there´s one hell of a shitstorm in US media about this.. He and Villa was the poster boys for merchandise and season tickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.