Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

BigJoe#1

I find him fantastic and frustrating in equal measures.

Give him a chase and only a fool would bet against him, he can whip a cross in too. However, I can't say I remember him running at a defender and beating him on the dribble. I'm pretty certain it probably has happened, but I just want to see him skin the fullbacks time after time.

It's almost like his physique is against him and quite frankly, at times I think he's scared to do it.

Re: Jesus Navas, good but.....

BigJoe#1 said:
I find him fantastic and frustrating in equal measures.

Give him a chase and only a fool would bet against him, he can whip a cross in too. However, I can't say I remember him running at a defender and beating him on the dribble. I'm pretty certain it probably has happened, but I just want to see him skin the fullbacks time after time.

It's almost like his physique is against him and quite frankly, at times I think he's scared to do it.

Or under instruction to keep possession

I find him very light weight at the moment .
He was good against Spurs but he was shocking last night and the Roma match .

baildon blue said:

He has his uses, primarily off the bench, but he's got Darius Vassell syndrome, ie all the pace in the world, but invariably hesitates rather than take an opponent on. He also lacks lateral movement, and reminds me of a lightweight mini-version of David White at times; very upright and angular in style and runs in tram lines. If he had some trickery or dribbling ability he'd be a far more dangerous proposition........but alas, he hasn't and he isn't

Exeter Blue I am here said:
baildon blue said:

He has his uses, primarily off the bench, but he's got Darius Vassell syndrome, ie all the pace in the world, but invariably hesitates rather than take an opponent on. He also lacks lateral movement, and reminds me of a lightweight mini-version of David White at times; very upright and angular in style and runs in tram lines. If he had some trickery or dribbling ability he'd be a far more dangerous proposition........but alas, he hasn't and he isn't

Great squad player who can keep possession and pass it properly. At £14.9 million I don't expect a world class player who dribbles through defences. Just established good squad player.

MeatHunterrr said:
Great squad player who can keep possession and pass it properly. At £14.9 million I don't expect a world class player who dribbles through defences. Just established good squad player.

Fair enough. Too lightweight and not ruthless enough for me though

I think he was better when playing with Alf as they knew each other so well
He has gone off the boil a bit but he will come good

Need him to be what Bellamy was for us. Take advantage of his pace and leave the full back for dead.

Though as already stated, there's a possibility he's been instructed to not do that. We've become far too central, meaning that to compensate for the lack of width we need to commit more players forward, hence the likes of Fernandinho and Yaya getting forward which leaves us exposed. People like Nasri and Navas become passengers because of the system. Milner was the same, until he started to come into the centre.

It was effective before under Mancini, now we've more or less been "found out" though. We do at times look very predictable.

baildon blue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
baildon blue said:

Your right .
The City supporters I spoke to on holiday said he would be a world beater like Ronaldo .
Yeah he as plenty of pace but doesn't cross it at the right time .
He farts about twisting and turning instead of just crossing it 1st time into the box .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.