Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Re: Jesus Navas, good but.....

Mentally weak.....should be murdering fullbacks / defences with the supply,time and space we provide for him.
Unlikely to change / get better...disappointing.

baildon blue said:
baildon blue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
He has his uses, primarily off the bench, but he's got Darius Vassell syndrome, ie all the pace in the world, but invariably hesitates rather than take an opponent on. He also lacks lateral movement, and reminds me of a lightweight mini-version of David White at times; very upright and angular in style and runs in tram lines. If he had some trickery or dribbling ability he'd be a far more dangerous proposition........but alas, he hasn't and he isn't
Your right .
The City supporters I spoke to on holiday said he would be a world beater like Ronaldo .
Yeah he as plenty of pace but doesn't cross it at the right time .
He farts about twisting and turning instead of just crossing it 1st time into the box .

He crosses the ball well when someone to cross to

I have stood next to him and he is tiny.

Bags of talent but too often for me looks inside rather than take the full back on

Rascal said:
I have stood next to him and he is tiny.

Bags of talent but too often for me looks inside rather than take the full back on
This is exactly what I meant.

I believe he could do it, but maybe, as has been suggested, he's been told not to.

MeatHunterrr said:
Great squad player who can keep possession and pass it properly. At £14.9 million I don't expect a world class player who dribbles through defences. Just established good squad player.

Spot on.

I just wish with his pace he would run straight on goal and only stop when he collides with the net.at least go one on one with the goalkeeper more often

I never expect too much when he gets the ball. Not really that exciting, however as someone alluded to above, it's not like we spent £30m on him. Decent squad player.

Has any one seen playing for Sevilla...........seems he played same way there also.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDHxtLiY64w[/video]

It infuriates me that he can't/won't take on a man. However. he's never really done it throughout his career. He was bought knowing this and still has his uses. A very useful squad player, but will never be anything more unfortunately. I believe it's a mental thing with him, You can sometimes see his confidence go during games. He does get bullied off the ball every now and again and once it happens he tends to shy away for a bit and will just play the simple pass and keep the ball moving. this is a guy that couldn't leave his hometown for any length of time until recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.