Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue with Navas has never been, and will never be, his workrate, his effort or his attitude. He works as hard as anyone on the pitch, tracks up and down the wing, and never lets his head drop when things aren't working out for him. In that sense he's the model professional. Navas' issue has always been a lack of quality, specifically when it comes to his final touch, whether that be a shot, a cross or a pass. Far too often they simply aren't anything like as good as they need to be for a team trying to win top level competitions. Having said all that I was very impressed indeed last night, for me he was our best player. His footwork was top notch, he had the defender on his side engaged in a real battle all night. Plus his final touch was almost exclusively excellent, a really good first half shot and some of his crosses last night were absolutely top notch, I was screaming for someone, anyone, to make a run into the 6 yard box, they'd have had a couple of tap ins! Lets hope whatever the issue was late on is just a knock and he's available for Sunday, if he plays like he did last night he'll destroy Rojo/Blind at left back.

Another hugely underrated player by the Blue faithful. Get slagged to high heaven and back week in and week out - was dropped by a lot of people in their pre match teams. Yet was excellent last night. Very impressed. Daft as it sounds, he's one of those who even if he does something really shit, it doesn't seem to stay in his head or knock his confidence, he still keeps going.

He seemed to pull up when starting the move that led to De Bruyne's goal. Hope it was nothing serious as we can ill afford another injury at the moment.

Just realised I forgot to mention Jesús in the post-match for last night. I thought he was really good.
Think he is becoming more of a senior player for us. Took it upon himself to run with the ball, make things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.