Player topic: Joe Hart (2014/15)

FantasyIreland said:
If only he could improve his distribution.....it really is piss poor and is occasionally responsible for unnecessary pressure.

Other than a couple of examples of the above,he was superb today.

i stil dont see that. Apart from maybe two times where he kicked the ball out he didn't do much else wrong. He made some pretty good passes to milner on the wing. If there are no short passes on he has to kick it down field. Aguero never wins any headers though ... He helped set up the goal throwing it down field swell

FantasyIreland said:
If only he could improve his distribution.....it really is piss poor and is occasionally responsible for unnecessary pressure.

He's one of the best in the world at the kind of things he excelled at today so wasn't a big surprise to see.
The throw out to start the move for the goal will give some the opportunity to say that proves his distribution isn't bad. Unfortunately that still isn't the case and your second sentence still rings true.

I honestly do think he is the best keeper in world football at one on ones. Every time a player breaks through clean on goal I don't feel the sort of panic you should feel as Joe is just brilliant at closing down the space and the angle and spreading himself like a flying squirrel.

Joe is brilliant, he's won us so many points with fantastic saves, especially one on ones. He should be our number one for nearly another decade, absolute class keeper, better than Lloris, right up there with Neuer and Courtois.

RandomJ said:
I honestly do think he is the best keeper in world football at one on ones. Every time a player breaks through clean on goal I don't feel the sort of panic you should feel as Joe is just brilliant at closing down the space and the angle and spreading himself like a flying squirrel.
Definitely true. He has everything in his locker to be held in the same esteem as the likes of Neuer. It's why it's such a bug bear of mine that a couple of things he needs to improve on don't seem to be happening as quickly as I'd like. I don't think there's been much improvement in his distribution at all over the last 18 months which for a keeper of his talent seems odd.
I've no doubts he'll be our number one for the next 5 years, probably a lot longer and I've no complaints about that.

FantasyIreland said:

If only he was capable of taking a quick throw and setting up an attack.

stony said:
FantasyIreland said:

If only he was capable of taking a quick throw and setting up an attack.

Yep,that was great......fantastic 'assist'....doesnt change his banana feet though.

FantasyIreland said:

Generally his distribution is terrible, either mindlessly kicking it to nowhere or rushes it and puts us under unnecessary pressure. Though today he started the attack that led to Kun's goal with a throw to Kolarov.

If he can improve his distribution and ability to deal with crosses at a consistent level he'd be world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.