Player topic: Joe Hart (2014/15)

blueplan said:
CityFan94 said:
I thought Hart should have saved Fellaini's header and possibly done a little better with Mata's offside goal.

Hart's still a top goalkeeper and should have got the armband when Kompany came off.

His spreadeagled (butterfly) style of shot keeping ala ice hockey leads to passive not proactive goal keeping.
See the "five hole" goal for CP's 1st goal too.

His "static" footwork and positioning (viz exposing his left side for CP's 2nd' goal ) is poor .

Hart is not a top GK. PL stats this season confirms it..

What stats are you on about?

He's won the Golden Glove, 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

babyajay said:
blueplan said:
CityFan94 said:
I thought Hart should have saved Fellaini's header and possibly done a little better with Mata's offside goal.

Hart's still a top goalkeeper and should have got the armband when Kompany came off.

His spreadeagled (butterfly) style of shot keeping ala ice hockey leads to passive not proactive goal keeping.

His "static" footwork and positioning (viz exposing his left side for CP's 2nd' goal ) is poor .

Yeah when Mancini was in charge and he was better protected

babyajay said:
blueplan said:
CityFan94 said:

Last clean sheet Hart had was the last game City won.
Then Hart made Zero (0) saves.
Should Hart be credited with it?
Following that @ Selhurst Park CP had 2 goals (on 3 shots on target) with Hart GK's poor performance as cite per above .

Anyways bottom line we should scrutinized and review our GK situation. Our opponents, including the ratface*, have sussed up on us.
*To wit 'show his left leg' advising our opponents how to stop our icon Aguero from scoring.

2014-2015 seasons stats on PL goal keepers confirms that Hart is not a top GK.

I'd put him behind Courtois and De Gea but not massively .. He has zero threat in Caballero which has in my view led to some sloppy performances . Thought he could have done better against the Rags but who didn't..

nellyonthewing said:
I'd put him behind Courtois and De Gea but not massively .. He has zero threat in Caballero which has in my view led to some sloppy performances . Thought he could have done better against the Rags but who didn't..

Our major mistake was letting Pants go. Pants is ahead of Hart in PL GKs' rankings and stats.

blueplan said:
nellyonthewing said:

Our major mistake was letting Pants go. Pants is ahead of Hart in PL GKs' rankings and stats.
The opposition have an attempt on target every 90secs he is bound by the law of averages to stop some of them

grim up north said:
blueplan said:
nellyonthewing said:

The opposition have an attempt on target every 90secs he is bound by the law of averages to stop some of them
Agree. But did BP see The 6ft8 Pantilimon get chipped on Saturday by Bolasie. I'm sorry but if joe had been chipped like that BP would be laying into him even though Pantilimon has 5 inches on Joe and shouldn't be beaten so easily in the air

blueplan said:
nellyonthewing said:

Which is proof that you can "prove" anything with statistics.

Kaini Industries said:
blueplan said:
nellyonthewing said:

Which is proof that you can "prove" anything with statistics.
but you know what they say about statistics, 47.3% are made up ;)

blueplan said:
CityFan94 said:

That 'passive' goalkeeping as you call it was the exact same style which kept the scoreline at Barca respectable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.