Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been different class. Tracks back well, presses the ball well, direct, pops the ball off quickly under pressure, every pass has a purpose, a great strike and goal threat. He looks the complete player.

My only gripe has been one or two times he's played a square pass instead of picking out Sergio when he was on the shoulder, but hopefully that'll come with time. The one that stood out most was when he beat his man dribbling down the left against West Ham, came inside, and Sergio had made, and held, a run between the fullback and centre half, right on the shoulder into gaping space, waiting. But De Bruyne didn't pick him out, instead he played a square ball to Yaya. Think it came with about twenty minutes to go.

Bit frustrating, as I know David would've picked that one out without hesitation, and Serg would've been one v one with Adrian.

Hopefully that'll come with time though, everything else I've seen has been overwhelmingly positive so far. And to think this lad is just 24.

He has three houses around Greater Manchester and Cheshire. No matter which one you go to and knock at the door, he answers it himself within seconds. In fact he knows which house you are coming to before you do.
That was mental,i was just putting me trainers on and guess who knocked at the door.

Love his latest comments about just wanted to sit back, buckle down and do his best for the team.

Shrewd stuff from Txiki signing this lad, fits perfectly into what we are trying to build.

Suppose it depends on your definition of worlds class but my thinking is that if he can go into any of the best teams in the world and improve them, by my definition he's already world class. Barca, real, Chelsea, psg, juve, arsenal would all improve with him in the team

I like what you did there! ;-)

This is why we love De Bruyne (apart from being a magical footballer):

"I don't want to be a star, I just want to play well. In Wolfsburg, I was the star, but in the end I'm not a man to talk much. I don't want to be captain. That's not my style. I just want to do my thing on the pitch and help out the team. I try to be modest."

"Children look up to you, but I wouldn't know why I'd have to change... I like to keep it quiet, I've never been one to talk and joke."

KDB - Team Player Par Excellence

Lets hope that his work ethic will serve as an example to others in the team.

He maximises his natural talent rather than waiting for the opportunity to display it. If all our players learnt that that was the way to keep their place at City then we would be a match for any in the CL.

Oh come on french Tony is the next big thing! I mean it's not like the media go overboard with all things raggy is it? If KDB turns out to be half as good as Tony I'll be a very happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.