Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balon D'or will never come to a City player. The bias/corrupt cunts in Europe would never allow it.

Which is something Messi probably know, if he is considering leaving Barcelona.

On topic.
De Bruyne and Silva are two different players, but as an impact player, I'd choose De Bryune at this moment. De Bryune has an endproduct more often that not.

Silva is the most beautiful footballer I've ever seen. He produces magic consistently and makes the rest of his team look good. Individually he's fantastic but his raises the collective ability of a team by his ability to find space, control the ball and make incisive passes. He plays at walking speed but his brain is normally the fastest thing on the pitch (offensively)

KDB has some of those abilities but is more explosive. He was the player most likely to win us the game against Seville especially towards the end. There was fluency missing in our attacks but he has the ability to force a game. If anything he's closest in that regard to Sergio

So in summary they might play similar positions but they aren't similar players and bring different things to a game. What a time to be alive

Half of Ronaldo's career games have involved him doing very little then assisting or scoring a goal. And he is considered one of the best players to ever live because of the incredible end product he brings. KDB is similar, he is not a 90 minute 'presence' like Silva who runs the game himself, but has an incredible impact so doesn't need to make 100 passes or anything like that. So you can't judge KDB by that criteria or else you're putting down some really good players.

I agree with Dax that no player in the post-takeover era has debuted with such an impact as KDB. It doesn't make him better than Silva or Aguero (time will tell), but the signs are good. If he maintains this level, he will continue to be (as he was last season in the BuLi) one of the most productive players on the planet and considered as one of the world's best. And IMO, he is the sort of player who can and it looks like already is helping us a lot in Europe where our revered spine has not been as effective as they have domestically in 4 attempts at going far in the competition. I think 2014-15 De Bruyne is better than Gareth Bale in the same timeframe and is the sort of player who will scare teams in Europe because he can come up with an end product at any moment.

My post from the other day was only slightly tongue in cheek. I love Dave, he's one of the greatest players i've ever seen play, full stop. However I happen to think that De Bruyne's sheer efficiency in terms of producing goals and assists will make him more vital to the team in the coming years. Dave's lit up many matches and many seasons for us, but KDB is going to take it to another level because along with producing all those beautiful passes which seem impossible, he'll also make telling impacts on results, IMO more regularly than David, as he already has done.

It's a pretty amazing feeling when you think about it, to be able to argue the toss about who's better, Balon D'or nominee Kevin De Bruyne, or the PL's best number 10 over the last five years, David Silva. Happy days. :)

Can I remind everyone what Merson said.
Pedro is twice the player of DeBruyne.

Pedro dropped again today

He has made a brilliant start but he is used to a winter break so i expect him to fade a bit after christmas time
He was worth all the money and aggro getting him here and his thread was epic lol

A whole 9 games eh? Glad you've not been to quick to write off Silvas importance to the team. Giving it 9 games has shown you've put plenty of consideration into it.
Amazingly you're not the only one to suggest it but then I suppose everything goes on this forum.

Where did he write him off?
To say one player is better has nothing to do with the things they achieved with City, does it?
I can perfectly say that Messi is a better player than Silva, and he never played for us, so if anyone thinks De Bruyne is better, that can perfectly be the case
That Silva has already proven more here is obvious, but that was not what was stated, I guess

What chances do you think KdB has of making TOTY? Surely Kroos and him have been the best in their position over the past year?

I have to put up my hand on this one lads. I wasn't pushed about us signing him during the summer and actually argued against it on this forum. Didnt really know much about him and didnt know where he would fit in. Never been so happy to be so wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.