Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is De Bruyne will have a very different position under Guardiola if he signs.

I imagine his work rate will be confined to the final third. Under Pep I see DeBruyne playing in a front three.
Watching Bayern tonight is see Aguero obviously being the striker, De Bruyne & Sterling being the Muller & Douglas Costa. Silva playing the Thiago role. With Fernandinho and Delph or their equivalents playing the Vidal & Alonso role. Vidal isn't playing tonight some you kid is, but that was their team vs Arsenal.

I don't think currently we play a system the suits De Bruyne YET. David Silva is a very specific number 10, a total play maker., his touch maps and ground coverage is ridiculous. De Bruyne is a more tradition behind the front man number 10 or wide forward a player much like Messi was at 24. De Bruyne's at his best in the final third, Silva can run the game from anywhere.

De Bruyne has untold potential and will play several different positions this season alone. I see him having a more specific and suited role under Pep.

We have had a pretty specific way of playing since Mancini's second season, Ya Ya, Silva and Nasri dominate possession, Kolarov/ Clichy and Zaba providing the width, and Aguero & Tevez/Negredo occupying a whole back 4, and Barry/DeJong or Fernandinho covering.

This is now showing signs of change, Ya Ya cannot be replaced as a player so he will be replaced by a change of system. Pressing only works if everyone can do it. Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling will all be able to press in Guardiola's system, at present Ya Ya for all his talents makes it impossible for the high press, as it's everyone or no one in Guardiola's system. Ya Ya is physically not suited, mobile and nibble players are what Pep wants.

Yes it's early to even compare De Bruyne to Silva and they are totally different players, one our whole system is built around the other being 9 games in.
I can see why people are so excited by him, his touch, his vision, his eye for goal his effortless glide all point to a sensational player.
Despite their position on the pitch I don't think they are comparable, Silva is Iniesta like, pretty unique and I think they'll dovetail spectacularly well, much like we saw with Sterling and Silva in the first 3 weeks.

There is an arguement that we looked our best when De Bruyne was settling in. Our results and performances certainly were outstanding in the first month.

I can't wait to see what De Bruyne can become at City, yes he's a wonderful player already, I can only see him getting better too.

I said it before but i really think Pep is coming to city and he has a hand in the transfer from KDB to city.
City really wanted KDB ... maybe they really wanted Pep and Pep really wanted KDB :-).
Don't forget that KDB crushed Bayern twice in the Bundesliga.

Great post pal.

Thanks mate. He's an incredible talent and when he further settles in to the league, further settles in to the team and can learn from the world class players around him and improve his all round game even further, he's going to be a frightening prospect.

I have only a limited amount of knowledge of football players, but i wondered how many players at this level are so skilled at both feet as KDB, i guess not such a small number but maybe someone can give me an aproximation.

Of his 6 goals so far, i think 3 were with his right foot and 3 with his left foot.

Last edited:
Plays at his best when he free roams IMO. At the start of the second, his interplay was fantastic and that's where he thrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.