Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you just wait around for matches where he doesn't get a goal/assist & recycle this post or something of a similar ilk?

Unless I'm mistaken this is relating to an argument you had that must have been many weeks ago now - it makes you come across as though you're rooting for him to play badly now so that you can prove a point to someone who was being an optimistic supporter. Seems a little childish (and negative) & probably worth giving it a rest.

Thanks for the advice mate. But I think you've misinterpreted my post.

Of course I'm not glad when De Bruyne has a bad game, why on earth would I be? I want City to win every game.

My view on De Bruyne after three or four games was that he's an incredible talent, the ability to make the difference in decisive moments probably only matched by Kun in our whole squad. But I thought his all round game lacked polish, he gave the ball away cheaply and he had plenty of room to improve.

It's a view I hold today, and so it seems, do an increasing number of blues.

After those 3 or 4 games there were a few vocal posters who came out and said I was wrong, that De Bruyne was a better player than Silva, the 3rd best player in the world and a certain future Balon D'or winner. I thought they were premature then, and I still think they were premature.

But my major issue was that I thought it was completely disrespectful to David Silva. A player who has shown over 5 years that he is the best City player of his generation, arguably ever. To suggest someone was better after 5 games to me smacked of knee jerk, and also underappreciating what a truly special talent Silva is.

My post was not a criticism of De Bruyne, it was in support of Silva.

My views on De Bruyne have not changed from my initial analysis, I'm still delighted we've got him and wish him all the best.

If you give the best chef in the world some beans and some bread, you're still just going to get beans on toast.

Don't care if he gives the ball away to be honest, on another day he could have had at least three assists. Even when he's not on form he serves up some mean through balls to scramble the opponents defence. He needs better ingredients at the top of the pitch.

Damn I'm hungry.

It might also help if we played him in a position that could hurt teams. Look at how Wolfsberg used him. With Silva out it was the perfect opportunity to give him a free role and make things happen. His vision is second only to Silva in the squad, so use it rather than stifle him.

Of course I'm not glad when De Bruyne has a bad game, why on earth would I be? I want City to win every game.

My view on De Bruyne after three or four games was that he's an incredible talent, the ability to make the difference in decisive moments probably only matched by Kun in our whole squad. But I thought his all round game lacked polish, he gave the ball away cheaply and he had plenty of room to improve.

After those 3 or 4 games there were a few vocal posters who came out and said I was wrong, that De Bruyne was a better player than Silva, the 3rd best player in the world and a certain future Balon D'or winner. I thought they were premature then, and I still think they were premature.

But my major issue was that I thought it was completely disrespectful to David Silva. A player who has shown over 5 years that he is the best City player of his generation, arguably ever. To suggest someone was better after 5 games to me smacked of knee jerk, and also underappreciating what a truly special talent Silva is.

My views on De Bruyne have not changed from my initial analysis, I'm still delighted we've got him and wish him all the best.
Don't get me wrong I'm in the same boat as you with my opinions, I don't even think the two players are comparable due to such contrasting styles anyway. Just seen your posts on here a few times after he's had average games seemingly celebrating that he's not playing as well as Silva which can be strange to read.

I believe once Silva is back on the pitch with him then KdB will look even better too (as happens with most players in our team when Silva is on the pitch) as he'll have more time & space to do damage. Hopefully from next week (fitness dependent) we can see a budding partnership form with the 2.

Don't get me wrong I'm in the same boat as you with my opinions, I don't even think the two players are comparable due to such contrasting styles anyway. Just seen your posts on here a few times after he's had average games seemingly celebrating that he's not playing as well as Silva which can be strange to read.

I believe once Silva is back on the pitch with him then KdB will look even better too (as happens with most players in our team when Silva is on the pitch) as he'll have more time & space to do damage. Hopefully from next week (fitness dependent) we can see a budding partnership form with the 2.

I agree. Nothing is lost. When Silva is back and Kun is top we will own this league. KDB is not Silva and Silva is not KDB. Stop comparing them, be glad we have both :-)

A very good post. David Silva is the greatest footballer ever to play for us. As for De Bruyne well I agree. So far I have been a little underwhelmed. He started well but has been disappointing of late. I'm sure he will be great for us. The bigger worries for me are Mangala and Sterling.

A very good post. David Silva is the greatest footballer ever to play for us. As for De Bruyne well I agree. So far I have been a little underwhelmed. He started well but has been disappointing of late. I'm sure he will be great for us. The bigger worries for me are Mangala and Sterling.
The biggest worries are Kompany and Silva's injuries. We need them fit, and the nature of those injuries aren't straightforward.

If they recover we'll have a very successful season. If not, it will be a struggle.

Thought he played great against Liverpool and Lampard thinks the same.

Lampard: "He was fantastic today, one of the best performances I have ever seen of a player in a 1-4 losing game. He was absolutely brilliant and with his energy and stamina he is decisive for his team. Today he was absolutely fantastic and he didn't deserve to be in the losing side."

Lampard: "He was fantastic today, one of the best performances I have ever seen of a player in a 1-4 losing game. He was absolutely brilliant and with his energy and stamina he is decisive for his team. Today he was absolutely fantastic and he didn't deserve to be in the losing side."

Yeah, I also felt he was the best player out there who was actually trying hard and never gave up. Yesterday's performance reminded me of the following quote

“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.”
Michael Jordan

I'm surprised if you've interpreted any of my posts as me celebrating De Bruyne not playing well. If you look back to after the Villa game he got a whole raft of criticism on here, I came out and backed him.

I thought his performance in that game was reflective of his general all round performances so far. Quiet for long periods, gave away possession a little too often, but was always looking to play forwards and find an early, killer pass. He played one outstanding ball from wide which Sterling should have scored from. He was also unlucky not to score himself. If he'd have put in that same performance and that assist and goal had come off people would be raving about him again.

That's my overriding point, people's analysis of De Bruyne's all round game have been clouded by his assist and goals record early on. I don't think his form has nose dived, I think his all round game has stayed the same. It's just that people's initial judgement was completely over the top and clouded by the assists. They will come back I'm sure, but it's fine margins with assists.

I agree though that he and the whole team will look better with Silva back. Hopefully that second half against Newcastle is a little taster of what we can expect to see which is an incredible prospect! As I've said before though, if they both play, Silva has to be in the middle.

I don't understand why people can't see this.

We should have scored several goals down to DeBruyne making things happen in a quite awful team performance. Others weren't sharp enough to cash in.

Some of the shit he does is fantastic, like taking the ball one side spinning & fucking off in the opposite direction, all in one movement, wheras most players would take two or three movements, even Silva. He is an absolutely great player & right up there with our best players already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.