Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. The pass to Silva wasn't on, same situation as Navas late on except Navas went for the pass. Both should have shot.

Honestly I'm happy with him taking a pop, he hits his long shots very well on both feet & we have Silva for keeping possession.

I agree, I don't think the pass was ever on, Mertersacker did a good job of covering the passing lane.
At the time I think he took the best option, he just didn't execute it well enough.
When the slow-motion replay came up I was even more convinced he had taken the best option.
I think the commentators were being very disingenuous by suggesting that there was a 'simple pass for a tapin' to Silva. Was more likely to be smashed out by Mertesacker for a corner than to get through to Silva.

Would prefer him in a free role behind the striker when we are playing away and looking to counter-attack. He is more suited to that style than Silva.

He played well and if anything, on his missed chance he was guilty of being too focussed on wanting to pass to Silva then being focussed enough on the shot to strike it better than he did.
This. He wanted to make the pass, the lane simply wasn't there. So he shot it. On another day, it would have gone in

I don't think you need to blame him for taking the chance, think the pass would have been too difficult. If you look at how people reacted to Navas for not taking his chance and actually making a pass, they you can wonder if youre going to be blamed eitherway if it's not going in. What i can agree with is that the shot should have been taken better, it was not on target afterall, Kev can shoot better than that.

Agree - he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The decision making was fine it was the execution that let him down. If he had tried to pass and Mertesacker had hammered it away people would have been screaming "why didn't he just shoot". If he executed the shot in off the post people would have been saying how fantastic a piece of play it was. Very difficult for him to weigh it all up in a few split seconds. On the balance of probabilities I think he made the right decision, just failed in t he execution.

Having said all that, he was only 'OK' tonight, certainly not his best game.

Last edited:
justs looks tired to me and is adjusting to the league still. great season so far though from him.
January is when he is going to struggle. When he hasn't had the break his body normally gets. I hope Pelegrini watches him closes, and rest him enough. We don't need him picking up an injury during the winter attrition.

Hope Joe tells him being able to laugh at yourself helps you get by on these islands.

3htkqlA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.