Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that the new Super Kev is at least a little bit greedy?

Twice tonight he had the chance to pass to a team-mate in a better position, but chose to shoot.

This needs to be coached out of him.

I don't think you need to blame him for taking the chance, think the pass would have been too difficult. If you look at how people reacted to Navas for not taking his chance and actually making a pass, they you can wonder if youre going to be blamed eitherway if it's not going in. What i can agree with is that the shot should have been taken better, it was not on target afterall, Kev can shoot better than that. But even then, i though KDB did ok tonight all considered, he created a few good chances too, a nice shot from free kick on Aguerro, a nice cross to Bony, and a nice trough ball where Yaya just came short, this besides a few shots at the goal he did himself, better than the other wingers tonight imho. And yes i'm a fanboy, for fairness you can consider me a bit biased, but i still think that it were the defensive errors that decided the match.

I don't think you need to blame him for taking the chance, think the pass would have been too difficult. If you look at how people reacted to Navas for not taking his chance and actually making a pass, they you can wonder if youre going to be blamed eitherway if it's not going in. What i can agree with is that the shot should have been taken better, it was not on target afterall, Kev can shoot better than that. But even then, i though KDB did ok tonight all considered, he created a few good chances too, a nice shot from free kick on Aguerro, a nice cross to Bony, and a nice trough ball where Yaya just came short, this besides a few shots at the goal he did himself, better than the other wingers tonight imho. And yes i'm a fanboy, for fairness you can consider me a bit biased, but i still think that it were the defensive errors that decided the match.

He played well and if anything, on his missed chance he was guilty of being too focussed on wanting to pass to Silva then being focussed enough on the shot to strike it better than he did.

Why not try him and Silva both central with Sterling being the only real winger and have him keep switching wings...

Played in the wrong position. Navas cost around a third of what we paid for KDB and does a better job all round on the wing. Playing KDB there is a waste. We should have started with Sterling and Navas instead of Sergio and KDB. Bring those two on with 30 minutes left. The problems look more and more like very average management.

Played in the wrong position. Navas cost around a third of what we paid for KDB and does a better job all round on the wing. Playing KDB there is a waste. We should have started with Sterling and Navas instead of Sergio and KDB. Bring those two on with 30 minutes left. The problems look more and more like very average management.

I'm not going to discuss best positions, but regarding Navas i must say that when you put in a player from the bench at that moment in the game then you should very well expect that he has the extra energy to do something more, also consider that Navas has had much less game time than KDB who has been in practicly every game and often made the difference in game's where we missed some of our best players due to injury.

Afcourse Navas should feel very motivated to perform when getting game time, thats what you want from fresh bench sitters. let him play 10 games in a row and then lets see how people rate his performance, it likely would give different picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.