Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't agree that Kevin doe misplace easy passes, he often gives the ball away passing forwards. I think Kevin will flourish under Pep.

Those stats from 01Cravend are accurate; that wasn't Kev attempting difficult creative passes. He gets passes he should complete easily wrong: it almost looks as if it is a case of him seeing them as so easy that he doesn't have to try. It has been irritating me almost from the start. I don't mind players taking risks in the final third in order to try and make something happen but this is something else and he needs to get a grip of it.

I think he probably will flourish under Pep if he arrives but that will include improving his concentration. Bayern currently average 88.6% for their pass completion, which does not leave much room to get your simple passes wrong.

But I don't agree that Kevin doe misplace easy passes, he often gives the ball away passing forwards. I think Kevin will flourish under Pep.

Question is how will KdB fare under Pep's style of play which involves a lot of intricate passing.

Saying that, Pep is a huge fan of his and he could take his game to the next level under him.

Those stats from 01Cravend are accurate; that wasn't Kev attempting difficult creative passes. He gets passes he should complete easily wrong: it almost looks as if it is a case of him seeing them as so easy that he doesn't have to try. It has been irritating me almost from the start. I don't mind players taking risks in the final third in order to try and make something happen but this is something else and he needs to get a grip of it.

I think he probably will flourish under Pep if he arrives but that will include improving his concentration. Bayern currently average 88.6% for their pass completion, which does not leave much room to get your simple passes wrong.
Looked one more time at that match, I really can't find 6 misplaced passes backwards, so I don't think they are accurate...
Anyway, overview of KdB's 2015 :

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20151231_02044888

I've noticed that too - far too many misplaced easy passes for a player of his apparent quality.

Pep isn't this one dimensional manager, his Barca team is quite different to his Bayern team if you look deeper than simple possession stats. If he comes, he'll use the players he has at City in the best way to get the most from those players. That will include allowing Kev to take risks. Kev will not be a problem for Pep.

Looked one more time at that match, I really can't find 6 misplaced passes backwards, so I don't think they are accurate...
Anyway, overview of KdB's 2015 :

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20151231_02044888

Ok, if you want to nitpick, he made 47 passes and completed 34 of them (this excludes crosses). 3 out of 13 backwards passes were incomplete and 6 out of 13 square passes were incomplete. On a chalkboard it is easy to mistake the direction of some passes that don't go very far! The point remains that he lost the ball too many times making passes that were not creative in nature.

Pep isn't this one dimensional manager, his Barca team is quite different to his Bayern team if you look deeper than simple possession stats. If he comes, he'll use the players he has at City in the best way to get the most from those players. That will include allowing Kev to take risks. Kev will not be a problem for Pep.

True but are we are not talking about Kev taking the risks that Pep would approve of, we are discussing him fucking up simple passes and losing the ball unecessarily.

It never takes very long, how ever did you fucking cope when we had absolute guff playing for us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.