Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He runs himself out, is the problem & can't always get back when we lose the ball. He hasn't got the legs to be some Colin Bell type character, charging up & down the pitch tackling, but he makes a few good interceptions during games. He was no different at Wolfsburg. I watched him run out of steam in several games defensively, but he'll still find a burst of energy to win a match, as he did v Seville.

On the ball, he creates stuff every game, more than any other City player. He did v Watford in a middling performance. Others wasted the openings he made.

We have several players who are not great without the ball but great with it. DeBruyne imo is the most dangerous of those. But playing all of them, is a problem vs some teams, maybe even playing two of them is a problem in this system.

I will be interested to see the difference in a (hopefully) Pep team, where players like DeBruyne & Silva wil, in theory, have to run in shorter bursts with more intensity when we lose the ball. I recon KDB will be brilliant at that. possibly Silva too.

Rob
So was Robinho.

He was brilliant in his first season with us but was a fish out of water in that team with that manager.
Ultimately his head went and we all know what happened.
KDB will not do that. He has a much better team around him for starters and is a much better "team" player.

Belgian pundits were speaking about the lack of chemistry with Silva and they claim that they saw from Silva's body language that he was pretty frustrated with KDB at times and they claim it looks like the two don't get along. I didn't see the match so I wounder if any of the people here could comment on this?
From what I gathered from the matches I have seen is that the two, on a good day, look for each other all the time.

Belgian pundits were speaking about the lack of chemistry with Silva and they claim that they saw from Silva's body language that he was pretty frustrated with KDB at times and they claim it looks like the two don't get along. I didn't see the match so I wounder if any of the people here could comment on this?
From what I gathered from the matches I have seen is that the two, on a good day, look for each other all the time.
They do, its a bag of shite from the Belgiums.
Unfortunately on the Watford game both players were "out of sorts".

I don't think anybody is saying Navas is the better player but rather that when we play Navas he often gives the team more balance. Your best 11 players unfortunately don't always make your best team. Personally I'd play Silva in the middle, Navas on the right and then one of KDB or Sterling on the left.
And finding the correct balance with this bunch of players is the key.A s suggested by others, one or two big names may have to accept time on the bench, for the good of the club, in certain scenarios.

And finding the correct balance with this bunch of players is the key.A s suggested by others, one or two big names may have to accept time on the bench, for the good of the club, in certain scenarios.

Agree completely although easier said than done from a man management point of view.

Was listening to Nigel Pearson on R5 earlier this week who - incidentally - comes over as much more intelligent than people often credit him for. Anyway he put forward the view that 90% of a chief coach's time is spent on man management.

Belgian pundits were speaking about the lack of chemistry with Silva and they claim that they saw from Silva's body language that he was pretty frustrated with KDB at times and they claim it looks like the two don't get along. .

Which Belgian pundits are we exactly talking about here?

Last edited:

It wasn't only Silva, but Aguero showed some frustration as well. It's not that they don't get along. He's just making some wrong decisions. He too direct at times and tries to whip in a cross when he could either build up play more or cut back inside and try to cause the opposition more problems. Giving away the ball early leads to counter attacks as well.

Very interesting, a I've been thinking the same thing, but blaming the attackers for not getting on the end of great balls. KDB often whips in fantastic balls between the defenders and keeper and our attackers aren't quite anticipating them well enough. Either way, once they all know each other better they will click.

Last edited:
He runs himself out, is the problem & can't always get back when we lose the ball. He hasn't got the legs to be some Colin Bell type character, charging up & down the pitch tackling, but he makes a few good interceptions during games. He was no different at Wolfsburg. I watched him run out of steam in several games defensively, but he'll still find a burst of energy to win a match, as he did v Seville.

On the ball, he creates stuff every game,
more than any other City player. He did v
Watford in a middling performance. Others wasted the openings he made.

We have several players who are not great without the ball but great with it. DeBruyne imo is the most dangerous of those. But playing all of them, is a problem vs some teams, maybe even
playing two of them is a problem in this system.

I will be interested to see the difference in a (hopefully) Pep team, where players like DeBruyne & Silva wil, in theory, have to run in shorter bursts with more intensity when we lose the ball. I recon
KDB will be brilliant at that. possibly Silva too.
that was well thought out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.