Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I've seen many negatives with KDB as yet, if any at all. Once he's got his first season under his belt he'll have a better understanding of his teammates & the PL.

A very talented young lad with an amazing future ahead of him.

Needs to grow a set and stop pulling out of every challenge, makes navas look like a lion
What good is going into a challenge and being out for 2 months. This tough guy mentality is silly. He needs to harass, which he does, he needs to tackle bette, which he doesn't, he needs clean up the # of simple passes he fumbles ( in fairness he has been loads better of late, and the rest? Just keep doing exactly what he is doing. He is a phenomenal talent.

What good is going into a challenge and being out for 2 months. This tough guy mentality is silly. He needs to harass, which he does, he needs to tackle bette, which he doesn't, he needs clean up the # of simple passes he fumbles ( in fairness he has been loads better of late, and the rest? Just keep doing exactly what he is doing. He is a phenomenal talent.

he's the ideal candidate for Pep's 1-2-1 tuition, which I think is why Pep is so keen to work with him.

Needs to improve his pass completion if he aspires to be a permanent no.10 in a Pep Guardiola team.
He's never going to play centrally under Pep when he only completes 75% of passes successfully.
So for now, he has to play wide - I'd prefer to see him on the left though so he can more naturally drift onto his stronger foot to shoot and play in others.

I don't think anybody is saying Navas is the better player but rather that when we play Navas he often gives the team more balance. Your best 11 players unfortunately don't always make your best team. Personally I'd play Silva in the middle, Navas on the right and then one of KDB or Sterling on the left.

Our best front 4 haven't played together except for some 3-4 games. I say give it time till they click. I want the back 4 + 2 center-mids to do the bulk of the defending. We saw that when Kompany was available, even Mangala looked a good defender. I have had enough of Navas' hopeless crosses and corners and zero composure in front of goal. He should start ahead of KDB only in tough away games when the priority is a 0-0, not when we are in need of goals.

One guy talks about pass completion. The great thing about KDB is that he often tries for the killer pass which he is brilliant at and why he gets so many assists. His pass completion stats may therefore not look as good as someone who continually takes the easy option pass. He is the type of player that scares opposition fans to death.....and he's got a hell of a shot on him as well.

One guy talks about pass completion. The great thing about KDB is that he often tries for the killer pass which he is brilliant at and why he gets so many assists. His pass completion stats may therefore not look as good as someone who continually takes the easy option pass. He is the type of player that scares opposition fans to death.....and he's got a hell of a shot on him as well.

Well he needs to improve his decision making as to when to go for the killer passes then because we can't afford him to keep giving the ball away all the time. For the record I think he's showing signs of doing this already, I'm just not having the notion that it's ok to go for the jugular every time even if it means giving the ball away constantly some games (united away for example).

Some of the posts on here are creasing me up,he's one of the best players I ever seen put a blue shirt on,give it a rest.

Some of the posts on here are creasing me up,he's one of the best players I ever seen put a blue shirt on,give it a rest.

He's an amazing talent but that shouldn't mean that the weak areas of his game shouldn't be up for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.