Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes in the top 5 players in Europe for chances created this season. If you tell him him to stop taking risks then your going to hurt his game. Its actually refreshing to have a player like him in a team where possession is kept so well he will always hit the high risk pass and quite often rewards come from it.
i agree.

I disagree about finding a balance. His assists come not just from passing well but from passing quickly/early, and those come with a higher risk - albeit lower than with other players because his vision and execution is so good. He gets so many assists because he's willing to take those risks - but that means giving the ball away more often, too. If he cut out the mistakes he would also dramatically lower his assist rate.

The one things I think would help him would be 1) if we were faster transitioning into attack. He passes so well in broken play, but a lot of the time he (and the rest of our team) has to work against massed, organised defences. If we played a bit more directly his passing would be even more effective. And 2) if there was more movement off the ball up front. But I think with Aguero and Silva returning to the side that will come...
spot on.

I disagree about finding a balance. His assists come not just from passing well but from passing quickly/early, and those come with a higher risk - albeit lower than with other players because his vision and execution is so good. He gets so many assists because he's willing to take those risks - but that means giving the ball away more often, too. If he cut out the mistakes he would also dramatically lower his assist rate.

The one things I think would help him would be 1) if we were faster transitioning into attack. He passes so well in broken play, but a lot of the time he (and the rest of our team) has to work against massed, organised defences. If we played a bit more directly his passing would be even more effective. And 2) if there was more movement off the ball up front. But I think with Aguero and Silva returning to the side that will come...
Ok, it seems folks are getting 2 separate issues confused. There is the possession DeBryune loses from taking risks trying to push the ball out or forward early, only an idiot will try to get him to stop losing those balls. I'm am totally fine with him losing those.

However, there are times he is trying to make a simple sideways pass or a return pass to someone who passed 5 yards away from him, and he muffs it terribly, those have nothing to do with taking risks, just Kevin being careless. And yes, he needs to clean those up.

In fairness, he mostly has of late. But we shouldn't confuse the risk taking loss for him muffing a play.

I
Ok, it seems folks are getting 2 separate issues confused. There is the possession DeBryune loses from taking risks trying to push the ball out or forward early, only an idiot will try to get him to stop losing those balls. I'm am totally fine with him losing those.

However, there are times he is trying to make a simple sideways pass or a return pass to someone who passed 5 yards away from him, and he muffs it terribly, those have nothing to do with taking risks, just Kevin being careless. And yes, he needs to clean those up.

In fairness, he mostly has of late. But we shouldn't confuse the risk taking loss for him muffing a play.
But those are sorts of mistakes people make when they're new to a team and don't know their team mates week enough yet. It's a bit harsh identifying this as a major flaw in his game after half a season.

I
But those are sorts of mistakes people make when they're new to a team and don't know their team mates week enough yet. It's a bit harsh identifying this as a major flaw in his game after half a season.

No one is calling it a major flaw, it's been discussed as a weakness and something that needs improving.

No one is calling it a major flaw, it's been discussed as a weakness and something that needs improving.
People on this thread go on and ON about it. What's wrong with suspending judgement until he's had some time to settle in? More than that, what's wrong with saying that in his first four, five months back in the Premiership he's made an incredible impact despite many of the senior members of the side being out injured? But people just like moaning and carping and won't admit they're fucking lucky their team can attract some of the best players in the world.

Why dies he shy away from any physicality? There were several occasions where he was closer to the ball than the Everton player and somehow the Everton player gets there before him.

Looking more and more like we can't have him and Silva in the same side. We're thankful Nasri is injured because if we ever tried to put all of them on at the same time we'd never get the ball into the 18 yard box.

Why dies he shy away from any physicality? There were several occasions where he was closer to the ball than the Everton player and somehow the Everton player gets there before him.
fuck knows, maybe this was the reason jose fucked him off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.